Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM

All I can say is support this game, tell all your friends about it, and then maybe I'll take everything I have now and make Mech Pilot 2 with full control over the mech with a more open world to explore. It's not going to work with this game the way the missions are designed.

I still have 15 more levels planned for Mech Pilot, more enemy types and other stuff coming in the future to keep the game interesting.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
See NOVA 3's mech controls for an example for a workable, accurate, free roaming control scheme for mechs.
That is swipe to aim, not dual sticks.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
All I can say is support this game, tell all your friends about it, and then maybe I'll take everything I have now and make Mech Pilot 2 with full control over the mech with a more open world to explore. It's not going to work with this game the way the missions are designed.

I still have 15 more levels planned for Mech Pilot, more enemy types and other stuff coming in the future to keep the game interesting.
will do man, i didn't want to offend you or anything just looked like you didn't want to hear feedback, there is poopy reviews complaining about the controls they are not that bad...i just hope you liked my suggestions, i mean if you think about it, it would rock! mech pilot 2 with multiplayer mech on mech action!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM

No offense taken. A simple suggestion like 'add dual sticks' in this case would take several months of redesign though so it's just not feasible.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
No offense taken. A simple suggestion like 'add dual sticks' in this case would take several months of redesign though so it's just not feasible.
i just played a bit more the controls are not bad at all, but i would deff add a option to enable invert, only thing it needs i didnt realize the throttle was toggled so you can just turn it on and control movements just need to be able to backup maybe by double tapping throttle it turns red and your reversing, and i would add either an arrow or map with an arrow to know which direction your torso is facing i could see people getting confused, is there any sort of map/radar to show enemy positions?

i know you said swipe to dodge, but if you already have throttle enabled you should just be able to turn your torso and move side to side...i dunno if that's easier or not.

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 10-03-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 AM

A bit disappointed it's taking so long for Apple to approve update #2. I guess things are backed up because everyone is updating apps for iPhone 5.

For update #3 I've added a separate walk backward button. You can instantly move forward or back, or toggle the active direction button to stop walking like before.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So... still iOS6-only?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Update 2 supports iPhone 5 and dodging. Update 3 will support IOS 5.1, iPad 1, forward/backward movement and shields.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Update 2 supports iPhone 5 and dodging. Update 3 will support IOS 5.1, iPad 1, forward/backward movement and shields.
So after Update 3 it won't be on rails anymore? I was very disappointed that it was on rails.

Ended up only being able to play on my friends phone since I haven't upgraded to 6 yet.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM

It is still on rails, but with a little more freedom. Dodging lets you move left and right of the path a little, and the back button means you can go back along the route.