Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM

Version 1.1 is now available!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 PM
iPad mini

Can't wait for iOS5 support. Unless I update before that comes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

updating now, excited to see how it has improved.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looking forward to iOS5 support as well. I dont know why they didnt include iOS 5 in the original release since everything they used in iOS6 can be performed by iOS5 as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM

It would be a better game if it was off rails and if you can change mechs and customize weapons.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by florendas View Post
It would be a better game if it was off rails and if you can change mechs and customize weapons.
the thing you have to understand is that it's NOT ever going to be off rails. the dev has made it quite clear. and keep in mind this game probably wouldn't be that great off rails. it would be too easy.

I played a bit after the update, and I'm ready to move on to something else, at least for now. the left and right dodge just doesn't feel right, and half the time the legs are turned in such a way that the direction it jumps is completely differ from what I expect. enemies are still killing me at the same rate (sometimes faster!), and the script still throws you off by reporting incoming mechs that you killed already.

I'll check it out later on, maybe after the next update.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Swiping down makes you invulnerable while the evade animation is happening. I can't make it any easier than that.

Dodging left and right isn't great for evading fire because the bullets are so fast, but it does give you a little more freedom with the movement. It's best for jumping behind a building or avoiding slower moving rockets.

I'm getting an iPod Touch 5th Gen today so I'll be making sure that works well for the next update.

Last edited by RPGGuy; 10-12-2012 at 09:16 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
the thing you have to understand is that it's NOT ever going to be off rails. the dev has made it quite clear. and keep in mind this game probably wouldn't be that great off rails. it would be too easy.

I played a bit after the update, and I'm ready to move on to something else, at least for now. the left and right dodge just doesn't feel right, and half the time the legs are turned in such a way that the direction it jumps is completely differ from what I expect. enemies are still killing me at the same rate (sometimes faster!), and the script still throws you off by reporting incoming mechs that you killed already.

I'll check it out later on, maybe after the next update.
That is sad that its not going to be off rails and I don't think it will be too easy. Then it would be more like Mech Warrior on PC all you do is put heat in so you can't alwasy fire all your stuff.

I am glad the dev is making updates tho I really like mech games.
I am playing Mech Pilot and "Heavy Mach Defense" and looking forward to the new iMech. Tho "MechWarrior: Tactical Command" was a let down for the price.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Still a bit disappointed that iOS5 was ignored upon release and this was decked out for iOS6 only. Cant wait for v1.2 which is claimed to have iOS5 support, but the excitement probably would have died down for me already, and im pretty sure there will be more interesting games coming out by then which will pile dust on this one when i get to have it.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Still a bit disappointed that iOS5 was ignored upon release and this was decked out for iOS6 only. Cant wait for v1.2 which is claimed to have iOS5 support, but the excitement probably would have died down for me already, and im pretty sure there will be more interesting games coming out by then which will pile dust on this one when i get to have it.
You have to remember that it takes Apple a week or more to approve updates. The first update to the game was mostly done before the first version had been released by Apple. I didn't have any feedback from people at that point. It was mainly to add support for iPhone 5.