★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Has anyone played the Metronosis levels yet? How are they?
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Because of wrong expectations as usual. People we're expecting something of a mechwarrior game, and it killed them for this being an on-rails shooter. I like it nonetheless, but for me, the dodges could be improved.
My thoughts exactly. This is something that's always pissed me off about the gaming community in general. A lot of good games are fighting expectations they never intended to fulfill and it hurts them unjustly.

03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Loaded this game up today as I wanted a break from my current addictions (Liberation Maiden, DU2, Phoenix HD, TROz, Ronin) and i totally am longing for a good mech game (cant wait for that upcoming one). I must say this game has some good things going on for it, but it does have obvious flaws that need to be changed or tweaked to make it a lot more playable.

Most important of all, i think, is that the vstick needs to be changed to a swipe similar to the aim in most FPS and 3PS like Shadowgun. It's really difficult to struggle with controls while trying to fight off enemy mechs and what-nots.

I also want to add that there is some potential in this game, but i dont think it has been harnessed well enough and channeled into something good.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
What controls by swipe are there? Swiping down ducks but what else is there. Every now and then I manage to jump but I can't repeat it. Some help at start would have been good.
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCKid View Post
What controls by swipe are there? Swiping down ducks but what else is there. Every now and then I manage to jump but I can't repeat it. Some help at start would have been good.
Swipe left and right makes you jump/dodge into that direction. It's all covered in the tutorial.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
A lite version of Mech Pilot is now available, which includes a demo level from the second planet.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mech-pilot-lite/id656723417?mt=8

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
06-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
A lite version of Mech Pilot is now available, which includes a demo level from the second planet.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mech-pilot-lite/id656723417?mt=8
Hi RPGGuy... Got any plans to remove the joystick and using the left half of the screen as dodge swipe control, and the right side the drag-to-aim? I believe that will improve the game greatly.

06-09-2013, 01:57 PM
No plans to change the controls.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Any plan to add iCade support without change actual controls?

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
06-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Thanks. Too bad though, as i really wanted to like this game but the current control scheme is too flawed for what the game wants to be: A good game.