Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Looks like an awesome game! Not sure why everyone is so hung up on the IOS requirements--are you going to stay at IOS 5 forever? Whenever you do upgrade then pick this up if you're still interested. Nothing to whine about...
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Oh my,the only thing I can do is go forward,tilt the mech's head for aiming and shoot..Not much control and skill involved in this game..It looks very appealing though,sigh..I'm really yearning for a good mech game for my device..

This game is missing a lot of elements..A WHOLE lot...
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqSoup View Post
Looks like an awesome game! Not sure why everyone is so hung up on the IOS requirements--are you going to stay at IOS 5 forever? Whenever you do upgrade then pick this up if you're still interested. Nothing to whine about...
Why upgrade to 6.0 when it can cause compatibility problems, and you know that within a few months 6.0.1 or 6.1.0 will be released that addresses the inevitable bugs that got past Apple? That isn't forever. Not to mention the only thing I was looking forward to was a real gps/map solution; however, having seen it in practice, I think I'll stick with my Magellan.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero211 View Post
Game is total crap don't buy its a waste of money everything about it is crap period! I bought it an deleted it in 5 mins
Unfortunately I agree
I want for the buy button when I saw the appealing price and it was a mistake.
It's another rail shooter and even a buggy one at that!

On the first level I didn't even get the bullets only after restart and died after that cause I couldn't go freaking back so the other mech destroyed me!
You can go straight and ONLY straight and the joypad is just for turning around.

No free roam no cool missions not as cool graphics as pics show.

You wanted impressions? don't get it! Just don't! I rarely say this but I'd rather have this as a freemuim

Hope Bad Piggies tomorrow will make up for it
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 AM

Thanks to those who posted impressions! The graphics look great but the game sounds awful. Such a shame as I'd love a decent mech game on iOS.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:25 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
It uses the social integration to share your score on Facebook and Twitter.
I take it this is optional ? Last thing i want to do is spam my accounts with game scores
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I take it this is optional ? Last thing i want to do is spam my accounts with game scores
Yes, Optional.

@GSJ1977
Agree it's sad
At least I saved one lost 0.99 soul
If you want a nice FREE robot (not mech) game:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/bigbot-smash/id476097452?mt=8
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Is the social integration (which can be done without 6.0) worth the lost sales you face by only supporting 6.0? I'm not attempting to be sarcastic, I'm serious. Dead Rising (just mentioning the game I last played) automatically logs into my Facebook and Twitter accounts, so that someone can rescue me if I die.

I'm very interested in your game, but I think you're making a mistake. I'm not upgrading from 5.1.1 until the first bug fix release, at the very least. I'm sure my hardware is capable; I have an iPhone 4S. When it comes to the hardware, as long as you leave a disclaimer in the game description, you're fine.

Very rarely do new apps target the highest spec available or the absolute newest iOS version so soon after its been released. I think you might want to reconsider that requirement if you intend to recoup the costs incurred during development.

Just as an example, the face of iPhone 5 gaming, as blessed by Apple (LILI), doesn't require 6.0 to run.
Agree with this. If this wont run on the Ipad 1 just simply dont list it in the compatible devices.

There doesnt seem to be many (or any) ios6 ONLY games out at the moment so its quite a brave move to do this.

Game looks great but i'm in no rush to update to ios6 yet.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
first impressions after actually playing:
the game doesn't support real multi-touch. if you fire or change your view while holding the button to suck in the electro, it unpresses that button.

purchasing an upgrade for the sniper rifle doesn't give you ammo for it...so i'm not sure if i'll ever get to use it.

the game is very much on-rails. you just give it the go ahead to continue moving...and even then, that button is relatively unresponsive. this means that you're a sitting duck almost all the time. if there's an enemy with any AI (as in, it doesn't just shoot blindly into space), you're screwed because you can't get out of the way.

unless i'm doing something horribly wrong, this is going to be one hell of a grind. you just keep dying over and over, hoping you collected enough energy to upgrade your stuff to help you last a little longer.

the game looks very nice. if there was an actual way to control your mech, this game would be off the hook...er...rail.
The game supports multitouch but the harvest button doesn't display properly. You can shoot and harvest at the same time for example. It is a bug that I will fix in the future.

Ammo for different guns are stored in crates around the levels. You'll find sniper ammo when you need it to shoot long range enemies.

Yes the game is on rails, but it gives you more freedom than most because you can choose when to stop or advance, compared to something like Rage where you are constantly moving. It is a grind to level up and you will die a lot. It's like Dark Souls with Mechs
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Oh my,the only thing I can do is go forward,tilt the mech's head for aiming and shoot..Not much control and skill involved in this game..It looks very appealing though,sigh..I'm really yearning for a good mech game for my device..

This game is missing a lot of elements..A WHOLE lot...
If I put full movement control people would complain it is too complex and twin stick controls suck on iDevices. The game was made on rails for technical reasons too (no physics required on player which slows everything down).
There is skill involved just not dodging. You have to choose which weapons are most effective on your enemies, manage your ammo (use machine gun on harmless enemies), choose which enemies to engage, when to advance, etc.
When playing the harder levels in the mission pack you'll be learning to make the most of your weapons.

What elements do you think it's missing?