• Publisher: Plain Concepts
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 87.7 MB
  • Version: 10.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Become a boss, build a dungeon, and destroy puny heroes. The best-selling indie card game has arrived to iOS!
Boss Monster is a dungeon-building card game that challenges players to become the ultimate villains: video game bosses. Thousands of players around the world have enjoyed the paper version of the game, but now Brotherwise Games has partnered with video game developer Plain Concepts, creators of Wave Engine, to bring Boss Monster from the tabletop to the digital world!
* What is Boss Monster? *
If you've ever wanted to stomp on an upstart plumber or send your goblins and ghosts out to haunt some heroes, then Boss Monster is the game for you. Sporting retro-inspired pixel art, and paying homage to classic video games and geeky pop culture, Boss Monster immerses you in the role of the video game boss as you use Room Cards to build a dungeon which must entice worthy heroes, then slay them.
* What is the Digital Version Like? *
Digital Boss Monster is a straight conversion of the tabletop game. You'll be playing with virtual cards, but everything about the game has been designed to be as authentic as possible. Of course, the app auto-calculates damage and treasure values, letting you take advantage of rapid readout treasure counts in your and your opponents' dungeons.
* What are some of the features in Digital Boss Monster? *
- Play against up to three AI opponents in solo play.
- Challenge other human opponents online.
- Play with ALL of the bosses, rooms, and spells available in the base game ...including rare out-of-print cards!
- Explore new "digitally-enhanced" cards: four rooms, three new Bosses, and a new spell that all take advantage of the digital platform, allowing stats and treasure values to change as you play (coming in future expansions).
Thanks for your support of Boss Monster!

Kedens's comments:
i don't know how to post a game (Mod Help if I messed up!) but BossMonster is out (at least in the US for certain)

This is iPad only

Boss Monster by Plain Concepts
03-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Try https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boss-monster/id975208198?mt=8

Holy poop, it's out. I have wanted this for the longest time! Mine

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.

03-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Try https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boss-monster/id975208198?mt=8

Holy poop, it's out. I have wanted this for the longest time! Mine
So is it just base game or are some of the exps already purchaseable?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So is it just base game or are some of the exps already purchaseable?
It's using the free to try, IAP buy to unlock which is nice. It's $8.99 in NZ, so I assume something like $6.99 in USD. This is for the base full game, there are 3 blacked out boxes for expansions saying "Coming Soon" so it's a little behind the physical product as far as I'm aware. You can unlock the Hidden Heroes expansion with 40 wins which is cool.

I've not played the game itself though so my upcoming impressions will be based solely on the iOS version. Very excited though, the music and visuals are great just going by the menu.

Edit: The tutorial is a little odd, in that it walks you through as though you were playing except it's static screens instead. No big issue though, it all made total sense. It sounds decent, looks great and could be amazing!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 03-31-2015 at 01:56 PM.
03-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Pains me to say it but I've got crashes. Can't get past tutorial which is only slides. Anyone else?

Was super excited for this, like 2nd most anticipated game of 2015 for me!
03-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Pains me to say it but I've got crashes. Can't get past tutorial which is only slides. Anyone else?

Was super excited for this, like 2nd most anticipated game of 2015 for me!
Damn, sorry matey. Working fine so far for me.

This is interesting. I'm not entirely sure it's my kind of game, though I can't quite place why. I'm in a bit of a odd headspace so it could be that, I'll come back to it later to be sure. The pricing model is fine by me, it looks and sounds great plus the basic ruleset is unique yet easily understood. Multiplayer and solo play is a fantastic addition and it really deserves to be played, I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Game is working great for me also. A lot of fun, I'm guessing the lack of game center multiplayer is due to the multi platform multiplayer that's either implemented already or planned (haven't done much with multiplayer so all I noticed is that the matchmaking isn't done with game center)
03-31-2015, 04:38 PM
Well I can report that the AI is quite good. I've owned the physical version for quite a while, so felt like I had a leg up. Not so much. I'm 0 for 4 so far, and they haven't really been close.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-31-2015, 06:39 PM
Ultimately, I've never cared that much for this game. I own the physical copy and felt the same way about it there as I do about it here. Mostly? There's not much to it. Play a room card per turn to try and build something coherent. Play spell cards to help you or hinder your opponent. Most of it is just sitting there waiting for the hero to die or not die. I find that this game ends up feeling more like a chore.

It's super goddamn charming, though. SUPER charming. But I prefer more substance to my games.
03-31-2015, 06:45 PM
Game crashes on tutorial for me which is a shame. I'm really excited about this game after seeing the physical version in a comic shop and loving the art. Are there device limitations? I'm on an iPad mini so maybe tutorial slides are too hot to handle.