Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Does anyone know if there are any kind of defensive maneuvers, alternate approaches to combat, or anything that breaks the apparent monotony of endlessly swiping to perform a few attacks over and over?
Swiping left should parry, at least, I remember seeing that in the earlier TA Plays video for this game.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Aside from obvious graphical style differences, I'll be anxious to hear impressions on how this compares to Infinite Warrior (which I haven't been playing -- awaiting the swipe detection fix).
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Aside from obvious graphical style differences, I'll be anxious to hear impressions on how this compares to Infinite Warrior (which I haven't been playing -- awaiting the swipe detection fix).
Yeah. The gameplay looks to me like something in between Infinite Warrior and Blood Run, both of which i enjoy playing a lot.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Does anyone know if there are any kind of defensive maneuvers, alternate approaches to combat, or anything that breaks the apparent monotony of endlessly swiping to perform a few attacks over and over?

Towards the end of the gameplay trailer, when the nameless king fights the boss, he falls back in what might just be a parry or a block, but also possibly just a half-realized upwards swing. Here's to hope of the former.
Just got it here in Asia. Yes, there is parry.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Just got it here in Asia. Yes, there is parry.
Ugh. Still not showing on the PH appstore.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Very eagerly anticipating this one - if any iTouch 4G owner is worried about paying out I will definitely be buying it regardless (so if it doesn't run/doesn't run well I've got it for when I sort out an iPhone in a couple of months) so there'll be at least one person TOFTT.

EDIT: Oh, also, I like the library feature, but does that actually have locations outside the US too?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just a heads up, I think this game is devoid of any IAPs, so do give it a go. I see 4 worlds in it. I managed to complete the first world in about 15 mins (lesser). Lets hope the next 3 worlds are a lil longer.

The only bummer is that some weapons can only be unlocked by connecting to foursquare and visiting a real life library...yea, you heard that right. But this thing doesn't seem to work in my country. Might be US/Europe restricted.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Very eagerly anticipating this one - if any iTouch 4G owner is worried about paying out I will definitely be buying it regardless (so if it doesn't run/doesn't run well I've got it for when I sort out an iPhone in a couple of months) so there'll be at least one person TOFTT.

EDIT: Oh, also, I like the library feature, but does that actually have locations outside the US too?
I'm assuming it'll go on library tags on google maps or something along those lines. While a neat feature I find it a puzzling one in this age of Ebooks
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post

Doesn't seem to be working in Malaysia. So I guess it is US-limited. The devs should have made this clear in the game description at least I guess.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthop View Post
I'm assuming it'll go on library tags on google maps or something along those lines. While a neat feature I find it a puzzling one in this age of Ebooks
I guess it fits the retro vibe... Christ, what a strange thing to be thinking. But yes, while the fact the feature is there does give me a smile (awww, trying to get people reading!) I do wonder how much use it's going to see if the game is at all successful. I'm a grown man and I read a lot, but I haven't bought a physical book for aaages since I started using a Kindle account, and I haven't set foot inside a library (at least, not to borrow books) for a lot longer than that.