★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I can't wait for the "jellyfish" update!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's part of the game design, adjust to it. If not for that, there'd be lesser visual flair, and lesser difficulty. I love the balance in this game, and that includes putting you offguard with slo mos and other subtle variations in the game.
This game is far from lacking in visual flair, so the last thing it needs is a component that negatively affects gameplay. Besides not being able to accurately time attacks, more often than not my attacks will simply sail right through enemies while this slow-mo is going on. It's really obnoxious.

Heck, I think I'm ranked #12 or 13 on the leaderboards right now so it's not like I'm not playing the game a whole he#@ of a lot and don't know what I'm doing.

Current addictions: Lost Echo, BosonX, Indigo Lake, Isabel, Heroes of Loot, 9th Dawn, Kid Tripp

11-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi WW guys. Read somewhere you are the 'sibling' studio of Tiger Style. May I know more about this? Is it the company is owned by the same person, or you guys are formerly from Tiger Style?
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Hi WW guys. Read somewhere you are the 'sibling' studio of Tiger Style. May I know more about this? Is it the company is owned by the same person, or you guys are formerly from Tiger Style?
I can answer! We're just awesome buds with Tiger Style- they're great friends here in the Austin indie game development community making mega pretty things (big fans of Waking Mars & Spider! ), and they've been tremendously supportive of White Whale over the past year.
11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
This explain many things...Spider and Waking Mars are among my favorites games...now in good company with God of Blades.
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
FOLKS! Sorry to have been silent lately but we've been busting it pretty hard working super long days getting our MEGA content update ready. We hope to submit it for review today. Its going to be 100% free. I can't tell you everything that it includes (just this second) but I can tell you that it has two new environments and that one of them has freaking dragons in it.

And yes Tiger Style is awesome. They're great people and their games are outstanding. They were testers on God of Blades and gave us lots of good advice. We also hang out with them regularly.
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes! I HEART dragons!
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserwolf View Post
FOLKS! Sorry to have been silent lately but we've been busting it pretty hard working super long days getting our MEGA content update ready. We hope to submit it for review today. Its going to be 100% free. I can't tell you everything that it includes (just this second) but I can tell you that it has two new environments and that one of them has freaking dragons in it.

And yes Tiger Style is awesome. They're great people and their games are outstanding. They were testers on God of Blades and gave us lots of good advice. We also hang out with them regularly.

OMG, I can't wait! Bring it on, Apple!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-07-2012, 02:03 PM
^Amen to that!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
http://whitewhalegames.com/news.html

Bam! Update submitted- new screenshots in our announcement .