★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Wow well it's taken a few plays over a couple of days but something just finally clicked with me and this game. Suddenly I just got better with the combat and I'm enjoying it even more now.
I agree. You can see what I wrote a few pages back criticizing the input response. I have to say that it has finally clicked with me and I can't stop playing. The story is cool and the imagery is fantastic, but the campaign is not where this game truly shines. Eternal mode is great and Revenant is fantastic. The scoring system keeps the pressure on to not make any mistakes and I have figured out the different strategies for the different types of enemies. I'm over any reservations I had and can't praise this game enough.

Also I need more Revenants to challenge. My GC I'd is operaguy2112
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
So what exactly is Revenants? Is there a way to play against randoms or do you need their GC ID?

12-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Is it just me or the final boss is really hard to beat? I tried using all the tips you guys have been giving me but sadly it's not working at all. I don't think I'm that lousy
12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannaffendy View Post
Is it just me or the final boss is really hard to beat? I tried using all the tips you guys have been giving me but sadly it's not working at all. I don't think I'm that lousy
Dont spam attacking. Calculate the distance before you make your move. Swipe down has great range when you have forward momentum, but the forward swipe is safer, but with less range.

Easiest way i found to do that is to use whisper, use your powers right away when youre close and was able to hit him (so that he's open to the rest of your barrage). One time i was able to beat the Sable King using this strategy, and spamming forward slashes, i didnt even have to look at the fight. That was a long time back, maybe changes have been made since then.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Finally picked this up and it's pretty fun but challenging to learn the timing. Welps..I'm tops2 on GC.. Lets see how badly I'll get beat.. ;-)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Ack. Been sick for a few days and haven't played much GoB. I'll be back at it soon, so keep sending challenges and I'll do likewise.
And feel free to add me on GC: G u i s e
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Can anyone explain what new blades can be unlocked in libraries? I don't want to checkin, may be there is another option?
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotovsky View Post
Can anyone explain what new blades can be unlocked in libraries? I don't want to checkin, may be there is another option?
None anymore. The 3 loreseeker swords from previous versions can now be unlocked by playing Story and Eternal modes. For this rotation, one new location is the one we can unlock through loreseeker.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaguy2112 View Post
I agree. You can see what I wrote a few pages back criticizing the input response. I have to say that it has finally clicked with me and I can't stop playing. The story is cool and the imagery is fantastic, but the campaign is not where this game truly shines. Eternal mode is great and Revenant is fantastic. The scoring system keeps the pressure on to not make any mistakes and I have figured out the different strategies for the different types of enemies. I'm over any reservations I had and can't praise this game enough.

Also I need more Revenants to challenge. My GC I'd is operaguy2112
Thank you! We're happy you like it! Its supposed to be one of those easy to get the basics, hard to master things.
12-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmis6010 View Post
Found this collection of Lovecraft poetry with pretty cool illustration. Thought I'd share.
That is fantastic! Do you know which poem the illustration is for?