★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Has anyone been able to unlock the new Endless level using Loreseeker? I tried at my local library, which I assume has foursquare, but only got the option to view the privacy policy. It wouldn't move to the screen where the blue glowing cave-ish graphic lets you know it's trying to connect.
Thanks in advance for any info or advice. Also, God of Blades rules harder than Gengis Khan.
12-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Has anyone been able to unlock the new Endless level using Loreseeker? I tried at my local library, which I assume has foursquare, but only got the option to view the privacy policy. It wouldn't move to the screen where the blue glowing cave-ish graphic lets you know it's trying to connect.
Thanks in advance for any info or advice. Also, God of Blades rules harder than Gengis Khan.
i haven't have any luck at all i even still the foursquare app and create a dummy account to see is i was in the correct place i'm next to library and nothing already try in two different places

12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Has anyone been able to unlock the new Endless level using Loreseeker? I tried at my local library, which I assume has foursquare, but only got the option to view the privacy policy. It wouldn't move to the screen where the blue glowing cave-ish graphic lets you know it's trying to connect.
Thanks in advance for any info or advice. Also, God of Blades rules harder than Gengis Khan.
I visited my local library and it said I unlocked a new endless level, but I'm not sure if I got it either. I have 3 options for the "Eternal" battleground. I did try the Loreseeker before I even really played the game so I can't tell whats there by default vs whats unlocked...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
i haven't have any luck at all i even still the foursquare app and create a dummy account to see is i was in the correct place i'm next to library and nothing already try in two different places
Maybe check first on Foursquare's website to see if the libraries you went to shows up?

I didn't use a Foursquare app (but I did download the app), and don't have a Foursquare account. I did go to Foursquare's website to search for libraries in my area and saw my local library shows up on their website. When I arrived at the library, I connected using the library's free wifi and it took a minute or two to confirm.


Haha..I'm totally sucking right now. ;-) I barely even played the storymode and just went straight to Revenant mode. The game is a blast for the moments when the timing clicks. I guess one question is how do I level up for the Revenant mode? Well, either way, hope you guys don't mind me sending out the low score challenges right now...

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,665
^Keep playing Revenant mode. The xp you gain is put into your character level, as opposed to story and eternal modes where xp is accumulated to gain swords.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey friends! Just thought I'd let you know myself and George (laserwolf) are gonna be on Destructoid's live show Sup Holmes with Jonathan Holmes at 4pm est/1pm pst. We'll be chatting about pulp fantasy goodness, swords, developing our game over the past year, and whatever else you want to talk about!

http://www.destructoid.com/sup-holme...e-240213.phtml

Jo, Studio Director @ White Whale Games
On Twitter @whitewhalegames @jolammert

Last edited by indeedjo; 12-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm confused about this whole loreseeker business. I went to my local library yesterday and it spent forever "identifying" where I was. After about twenty minutes I gave up, checked out my books, and left. When I got home I saw the message that I had unlocked a sword and a mode. Great!

I read somewhere you could unlock a new sword every twelve hours so I went back today. Same deal as before- endless "identifying" screen. Hung out for about a half hour, still nothing. Went home hoping for the same result as yesterday. Nope, not this time.

So then I was just reading around and saw that you can unlock these swords in-game anyway without a library visit. Is this true? What are the three loreseeker blades called? Are there just nine blades in the game?
12-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydash View Post
I'm confused about this whole loreseeker business. I went to my local library yesterday and it spent forever "identifying" where I was. After about twenty minutes I gave up, checked out my books, and left. When I got home I saw the message that I had unlocked a sword and a mode. Great!

I read somewhere you could unlock a new sword every twelve hours so I went back today. Same deal as before- endless "identifying" screen. Hung out for about a half hour, still nothing. Went home hoping for the same result as yesterday. Nope, not this time.

So then I was just reading around and saw that you can unlock these swords in-game anyway without a library visit. Is this true? What are the three loreseeker blades called? Are there just nine blades in the game?
Actually those 3 loreseeker blades are now unlockable just playing the game

Right now loreseeker unlocks a new map to play in eternal mode
12-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
Actually those 3 loreseeker blades are now unlockable just playing the game. Right now loreseeker unlocks a new map to play in eternal mode
Okay, great. Thanks for letting me know. I'm good to go with the map and will unlock the blades through the course of the game. I hated the thought of not having access to something!
12-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
I realize that actually, a lot of the name of the enemies and swords in this game sound like that from The Hobbit. I read the book some time back but never remembered the names (were they even mentioned as such?) till I saw the movie.

Smaug the Terrible and Azog the Defiler both sound like they came out of GoB!!!

And yeah, the swords Foehammer and Goblin Cleaver.

To the devs, you guys were inspired by works of fantasy. Was Tolkien's Middle Earth lore one of them?
12-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
I realize that actually, a lot of the name of the enemies and swords in this game sound like that from The Hobbit. I read the book some time back but never remembered the names (were they even mentioned as such?) till I saw the movie.

Smaug the Terrible and Azog the Defiler both sound like they came out of GoB!!!

And yeah, the swords Foehammer and Goblin Cleaver.

To the devs, you guys were inspired by works of fantasy. Was Tolkien's Middle Earth lore one of them?
It certainly was, along with the works of many other fantasy authors. But tolkien gave rise to much of the work from which we drew inspiration--his influence is not something that can be discounted. We're so flattered that anyone would even think of our work in the same thought as Tolkien--we had many late night middle earth lore discussions. Thanks so much for noticing, for playing, and to the community for being generally awesome. I hope that the legacy of God of Blades inspires people to share stories, art, and personal accounts of things that matter to them for some time to come. Thanks again from all of us, and the best of holiday wishes to all!