★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
I'm actively working on Version 1.1 right now but I can't give you a date yet as I don't know. Already the scale of changes and improvements - if listed as bullet points - is equal to the changes made in Version 1.0.1 and Version 1.0.2 put together.

Version 1.1 will be the first true content update (if development moves along smoothly - first of 10, with Version 2.0 being my full true vision for the project).
It adds not just new features, but will expand the story, begin branching it out based on the choices you make, add more maps, and in general, improvements and changes.

Here is something I added earlier today:

It's a start towards battle animations.
Currently I do animations for changing stats or status effects with attacks, but I plan on going into more detail with future updates (by giving each attack it's own unique animation).
I have to say neo you have done a awesome job. Keep it up and I can't wait till I get more of the story. This will be on my phone for a long long time
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I just noticed this, and thought it could be cool to add.

You know Cozade road upper, where the Zen sign is. Can't you make it say "Glenhook city/town to the left" also maybe say on the sign that there is a Zen Shop to the left in Glenhook city/town.

Instead of confusing people saying "Zencrystals to the left".

People won't know what that means. Unless you say Zen Shop to the left. They go to the shop and find a Zencrystals and read the description.

In people's reviews, they will say. This game tells you where everything is. I love it.

Edit: If this already been said, then I'm sorry.

10-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Wish there where different colors for like odbull/obull instead of rainbow colors, that's the reason why I don't evolve my Zenforms. If they where different colors, or we got to choose what color it turned then that would be cool. Like green, red, or blue, but if we find the odbull/obull in the wild. It would have to be the rainbow one.

If you evolve to make a odbull/obull then you get to choose the 3 colors. That's how it should be.

Edit: I forgot, when you go to evolve your Zenforms in slot 2,3,4, they don't keep the name you gave them. Only slot 1 keeps its name.

Last edited by tso5818; 10-22-2012 at 01:54 AM.
10-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
I forgot, when you go to evolve your Zenforms in slot 2,3,4, they don't keep the name you gave them. Only slot 1 keeps its name.
That's not true...
I made these screenshots just for you. Although taken in version 1.1 (as you can tell by the darker background), the code hasn't changed for this.

A custom name stays fine after you evolve a ZENFORM in any slot (slot 3 above).

When you actually evolve a message will pop up- in this case saying "Your Rinba evolved into a Rinrox" - saying which ZENFORM it evolved from and to, but once you return to the menu, it says what it should.
10-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Double posting is allowed when I'm posting a content update right?

Everything you see below will be coming in the first free content update, Version 1.1, real soon. Still needs about 3 more weeks of development time.

I've started to add animations for attacking to the battle system.

Currently, attacks of the same element do the same animation, but it's a start to get the framework in there for me to expand in the rest of the updates.

Stat changes have animations:

And so do status conditions:

Already, the battles feel more alive, and with the UI changes to make selection of the menus easier in battle for Version 1.1, this update is shaping up to really set the tone as how 0.1+ update will be done and how much content and changes will be added!
10-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
That's not true...
I made these screenshots just for you. Although taken in version 1.1 (as you can tell by the darker background), the code hasn't changed for this.

A custom name stays fine after you evolve a ZENFORM in any slot (slot 3 above).

When you actually evolve a message will pop up- in this case saying "Your Rinba evolved into a Rinrox" - saying which ZENFORM it evolved from and to, but once you return to the menu, it says what it should.
Well for mine, I had to go change them again.
Also please keep your Rinux named tso
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

A quick look a the battle system changes and improvements coming in Version 1.1.
10-26-2012, 07:59 AM
WANT THE UPDATE NOW!!!!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper (ID: ereE, Sentinel Grimoire), Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Officially moved to android
10-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't get why people are saying ridiculous things like "omg pokemon clone! Ew yuck pass!". Ok so what if it's a clone? Is pokemon for iOS? Are you so fanboy that you are actually sympathetic about nintendo's iron grip on their franchise? If pokemon will never be for anything other than N64/GC/Wii, what's wrong with people trying to "import" pokemon to iOS? There is no "cloning" involved if something will never be for this platform. Seriously, think before you speak.

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
@Neo-Dragon hows the storlyline lookin for version 1.1 is it gonna be longer than the first version?