Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Reiner Knizia: Card Buster - (by Bulkypix) - Universal App

Last edited by Echoseven; 09-27-2012 at 06:50 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 AM

How weird?

This is already out and in the App Store published by 'Aidem Media' - has been out for AGES.

Is this just a rebranding? Hope the old one doesn't get pulled - preventing updates to iPhone 5 version etc - and screwing us existing owners...

Anyone know what's going on here?

Jamie.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
How weird?

This is already out and in the App Store published by 'Aidem Media' - has been out for AGES.

Is this just a rebranding? Hope the old one doesn't get pulled - preventing updates to iPhone 5 version etc - and screwing us existing owners...

Anyone know what's going on here?

Jamie.
There are some differences, primarily in layouts. I was in beta group, enjoyed it. Very pleasant game/puzzle. Great time waster.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
There are some differences, primarily in layouts. I was in beta group, enjoyed it. Very pleasant game/puzzle. Great time waster.
Ah, ok - did Reiner Knizia license this to two different companies then? Seems unusual/unlikely?

And much of the artwork looks absolutely identical too... to me, it looks like the original with some additional 'features' - which is a little sly if so.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This looks like it could be great...I'm not sure what the gameplay is like from the description though. Anyone find a trailer or game play video?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM

No, see that one is DECK Buster, this one is CARD Buster...

There is a free version of the other one, called Deck Buster 100. Am downloading it now to try it out.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Ugh. Okay, I think I'm getting fed up with Knizia and his flipping licenses around. I already bought this damn game, and now it's clear the one we already paid for will get dropped to switch support to this one. I don't care if it is a dollar, it's still the principle behind it. Grr.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

This caught me a bit by surprise, I guess it is a case of a big update to the game going with a new publisher. As I too tested for this I can confirm this the same developer as the original release (I had no idea there was going to be a publisher switch).

The BIG difference here is the new Grid Buster mode which I find FAR superior to the original Card Buster game!

Grid Buster is RK's take on Poker Squares with 50 different formations! Since these odd shapes mean there will be rows and columns under 5 cards, RK has introduced a number of 3-4 card hands (like 3-4 card straights and flushes). Try to earn 3 stars on each level by hitting the required threshold scores.

I think this mode has SOOO much more depth than Deck Buster as you need to think of the resulting hands both vertically and horizontally, unlike Deck Buster's solely horizontal play (no diagonals).

5/5

Last edited by LordGek; 09-26-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Ugh. Okay, I think I'm getting fed up with Knizia and his flipping licenses around. I already bought this damn game, and now it's clear the one we already paid for will get dropped to switch support to this one. I don't care if it is a dollar, it's still the principle behind it. Grr.
Agreed. It's taking the p*ss and pure greed.

I will be spending my money elsewhere this week - plenty of other great titles to indulge in rather than supporting this kind of underhand business.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi all - Mark from Aidem Media here.
Just to clear up any confusion over this. The game is developed by us at Aidem Media and is being published by Bulkypix. Of course all designed by the legend that is Reiner Knizia!

The other app you mention is indeed different. Card Buster (this app) is actually a compilation or 'bundle' of a few different games based on similar underlying mechanics, but with distinctly different rulesets which make the games play out very differently.

In fact, our other release (Deck Buster) is INCLUDED in this package in it's entirety, so if you buy this you will get Deck Buster 32, Deck Buster Wild (using 52 card deck) AND the new game mode called Grid Buster.

Deck Buster is more of a 'score attack' type game where the same rules and board layout are consistent every time you play, you just get better at playing and achieving high scores.

Grid Buster (this new one) has many more level layouts (50 levels) to change up the strategy for each level as you progress. All levels are unlocked from the start so you can dive in wherever you want (you don't HAVE to complete a level to get to the next one - it's not like that).

Hope that clears things up. If you have any questions, just shout

Last edited by MediaMark; 09-26-2012 at 06:13 PM..