★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 29.1 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: CARD BUSTER
The adaptation of three famous Reiner Knizia's inspired Poker games!

DECK BUSTER 32 & DECK BUSTER WILD
A fresh, fast and fun twist on the rules of Poker, DeckBuster is ideal for fans of card games and logical challenges. Simple rules are a perfect starting point for this new and intriguing game.

At first glance, the task appears simple - place the cards to build strong card combinations, and with a touch of luck you will progress.

The game can be played in two different modes: DeckBuster 32 is played with a short deck of 32 cards. DeckBuster Wild is played with a full deck of 52 cards, but all 2s are Jokers.

GRID BUSTER
Play your card runs into vertical AND horizontal lines, opening up many new strategies and options.

There are 50 levels with separate achievements, with many stars and lucky charms to collect for good performances!

FEATURES
- New iPad and iPhone 5 retina display
- 3 Poker games in one!
- Play Poker like you never experienced before
- 50 challenging levels on Grid Buster
- 2 ways to play Deck Buster (32 & Wild)
- Soothing atmosphere
- Leaderboard and more than 50 achievements

-------------------------------
CURIOUS? More info on:
-------------------------------
bulkypix.com
facebook.com/Bulkypix
twitter.com/Bulkypix
youtube.com/Bulkypix
09-26-2012, 06:16 AM
How weird?

This is already out and in the App Store published by 'Aidem Media' - has been out for AGES.

Is this just a rebranding? Hope the old one doesn't get pulled - preventing updates to iPhone 5 version etc - and screwing us existing owners...

Anyone know what's going on here?

Jamie.

09-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
How weird?

This is already out and in the App Store published by 'Aidem Media' - has been out for AGES.

Is this just a rebranding? Hope the old one doesn't get pulled - preventing updates to iPhone 5 version etc - and screwing us existing owners...

Anyone know what's going on here?

Jamie.
There are some differences, primarily in layouts. I was in beta group, enjoyed it. Very pleasant game/puzzle. Great time waster.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
09-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
There are some differences, primarily in layouts. I was in beta group, enjoyed it. Very pleasant game/puzzle. Great time waster.
Ah, ok - did Reiner Knizia license this to two different companies then? Seems unusual/unlikely?

And much of the artwork looks absolutely identical too... to me, it looks like the original with some additional 'features' - which is a little sly if so.
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
This looks like it could be great...I'm not sure what the gameplay is like from the description though. Anyone find a trailer or game play video?
09-26-2012, 04:23 PM
No, see that one is DECK Buster, this one is CARD Buster...

There is a free version of the other one, called Deck Buster 100. Am downloading it now to try it out.
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Ugh. Okay, I think I'm getting fed up with Knizia and his flipping licenses around. I already bought this damn game, and now it's clear the one we already paid for will get dropped to switch support to this one. I don't care if it is a dollar, it's still the principle behind it. Grr.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
09-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Game Impressions

This caught me a bit by surprise, I guess it is a case of a big update to the game going with a new publisher. As I too tested for this I can confirm this the same developer as the original release (I had no idea there was going to be a publisher switch).

The BIG difference here is the new Grid Buster mode which I find FAR superior to the original Card Buster game!

Grid Buster is RK's take on Poker Squares with 50 different formations! Since these odd shapes mean there will be rows and columns under 5 cards, RK has introduced a number of 3-4 card hands (like 3-4 card straights and flushes). Try to earn 3 stars on each level by hitting the required threshold scores.

I think this mode has SOOO much more depth than Deck Buster as you need to think of the resulting hands both vertically and horizontally, unlike Deck Buster's solely horizontal play (no diagonals).

5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.
09-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Ugh. Okay, I think I'm getting fed up with Knizia and his flipping licenses around. I already bought this damn game, and now it's clear the one we already paid for will get dropped to switch support to this one. I don't care if it is a dollar, it's still the principle behind it. Grr.
Agreed. It's taking the p*ss and pure greed.

I will be spending my money elsewhere this week - plenty of other great titles to indulge in rather than supporting this kind of underhand business.
09-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi all - Mark from Aidem Media here.
Just to clear up any confusion over this. The game is developed by us at Aidem Media and is being published by Bulkypix. Of course all designed by the legend that is Reiner Knizia!

The other app you mention is indeed different. Card Buster (this app) is actually a compilation or 'bundle' of a few different games based on similar underlying mechanics, but with distinctly different rulesets which make the games play out very differently.

In fact, our other release (Deck Buster) is INCLUDED in this package in it's entirety, so if you buy this you will get Deck Buster 32, Deck Buster Wild (using 52 card deck) AND the new game mode called Grid Buster.

Deck Buster is more of a 'score attack' type game where the same rules and board layout are consistent every time you play, you just get better at playing and achieving high scores.

Grid Buster (this new one) has many more level layouts (50 levels) to change up the strategy for each level as you progress. All levels are unlocked from the start so you can dive in wherever you want (you don't HAVE to complete a level to get to the next one - it's not like that).

Hope that clears things up. If you have any questions, just shout

Last edited by MediaMark; 09-26-2012 at 05:13 PM.