Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the video and strategy!
I just wish I could fling those condos as fast as you can on my iTouch 4g!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thawkk View Post
Holy crap. I tried this and almost tripled my high score with it. Thanks!

But if I may ask, what's the purpose of the 2x green boost, if you're trying to use the blue power for the first 30 seconds? Is it just so you can get a power going so you can switch over to blue when you get an upgraded condo? If so, couldn't you use the 10x yellow boost starter for that, since it's about half as cheap?
Good question! So first it's important to note that the powers stack, so if you activate blue in the first 20 seconds, you'll have blue and green power at same time.

The reason green is good is because it creates lots of upgraded condos, which in turn mix with the pink condos to create large combos, which give much larger bonuses. So really the purpose of the green is to make the impact of the pink condos even greater.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
Good question! So first it's important to note that the powers stack, so if you activate blue in the first 20 seconds, you'll have blue and green power at same time.

The reason green is good is because it creates lots of upgraded condos, which in turn mix with the pink condos to create large combos, which give much larger bonuses. So really the purpose of the green is to make the impact of the pink condos even greater.
Ah, okay, I didn't realize the powers would stack. I thought that only happened if you used a dog condo or if you used the yellow and green starting boosts at the same time. That makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Right now, it's either farm the boring way, or buy coins through IAP, or just abandon the game and play the first MAMC.
I've tried to like this game, but I just can't. Having to do any farming ruins the fun. This game represent everything wrong with iOS gaming these days. I could imagine people who like FarmVille liking this game. Me, I'm taking option 3. Deleting Super again and going back to the vastly superior original.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
I've tried to like this game, but I just can't. Having to do any farming ruins the fun. This game represent everything wrong with iOS gaming these days. I could imagine people who like FarmVille liking this game. Me, I'm taking option 3. Deleting Super again and going back to the vastly superior original.
Same here, 100%

They could have made the greatest game of all time and instead they made one based on IAP

Btw, MAMC is one of my favourites, going to play it now
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

I wouldn't say I've taken a 180-degree turn in terms of how I feel about the game, but at the end of the day, I still have to say this is the better game. I went back to MAMC today, and it kinda pales in comparison to the excitement of SMAMC. That being said, I still resent the cost of boosts and having Orient Express constantly shoved in my face at a cost of 10k coins per run -- that's truly insulting. The gameplay itself, though, is just superior to the first one. I'm having the opposite experience: I tried to hate it, but I can't. If they can tweak it a little so that it doesn't insult veteran players and is less grindy, I will be pretty much completely satisfied.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
So first it's important to note that the powers stack, so if you activate blue in the first 20 seconds, you'll have blue and green power at same time.
Sorry to tell you that this isn't true! If you only have one "power" boost active it's effectively the same as if you fed a diamond to that monster. Feeding an upgraded condo to another monster will thus keep the 20 second timer, but double condo won't be active anymore. You'll notice in your video that when you've activated the blue power, your second match of 6 condos (4 red + 2 pigs) only produces 2 bronzes (1 for each 3 in the match) at 0:17.

It might look like they stack if you swipe it during a match. This is because when the match is formed, if the green power is active it will already apply double condo do that match. Then you swipe before the match finishes triggering stable tower, and it then still spawns double the condos, even though green power is no longer active. This works the same way in that you can activate double condo during a match, and it will still apply to that match even though you formed it before double condo was active.

So yeah, you're not making very good use of your 3rd boost in this strategy

Last edited by LordFerocious; 10-03-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
If they can tweak it a little so that it doesn't insult veteran players
Just curious if you were referring to anything other than grinding for coins here?

Last edited by LordFerocious; 10-03-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFerocious View Post
Just curious if you were referring to anything other than grinding for coins here?
That and, as I mentioned before, the absurdly overpriced Orient Express that constantly pops up. It should be an unlockable option after you reach a certain rank, playable whenever you want and have its own leaderboard.

As an aside, it would be nice to have a separate no-boost leaderboard as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
As an aside, it would be nice to have a separate no-boost leaderboard as well.
This!!!!