Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Loved the first game so definately putting this down for tonight, but am a little concerned about how the 2-minute mode will play.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
Yes. Though you can extend your playtime either through a boost that adds 30 seconds or by collecting clock condos which will also extend (a chain of +3 matches creates a clock, then you get +1 second per condo in a match with a clock). It puts a lot of pressure on good players to keep matching quickly.

Though the game now has a progression where you complete mini-goals, level up and unlock access to new boosts and condo types, plus there are Events which (if you choose to participate) could allow you to get some crazy scores.
Sounds really good! Although I wish a mode like the original comes someday too to Super M.A.M.C.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Loved the first game so definately putting this down for tonight, but am a little concerned about how the 2-minute mode will play.
Oh! I forgot to mention another way to extend is winning time on the chance wheel at the end. You can win +15 and +30 seconds there, as well as free boosts and coins (doubled if you buy the doubler - which is a pretty nice perk).

The 2-minute limit keeps games shorter but more intense. As mentioned, sometimes people would spend an hour playing the original game, carefully swiping condos. When you only have 2 minutes you really gotta be quick without toppling the tower. It's pretty excellent. /biased
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

OMG. Instabuy!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

MAMC is an amazing game but what does this change from it except the title?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
This is great and I definitely don't mine paying for a game that I've had such a great time on, but I don't see why this couldn't have been an update to the original game.

Either way, I don't mind, just curious. Can't wait to play.
Ya I'm wondering the same thing. I love the first game and I think I have bought almost all the adult swim games. That's why I'm looking at this thread now... and I'm kinda disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong... The gameplay is the same except that it's now 2 min and we have iap to purchase coins to boost scores?

Feels kinda like adult swim is doing a crapcom, no? Maybe I should hold on for Super Monsters Ate My Condo! Arcade Edition!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

I really want this game.. please time roll on sooner (7 hours left)

Last edited by TheFrost; 09-26-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
MAMC is an amazing game but what does this change from it except the title?
Lots, actually.

New condo types (good and bad), boosts, hats, chance wheel (w/Helga), a new level-up/progression system, sync progress via iCloud, Events (with the chance for higher scores), dog condo which activates 2 monster powers at once, slightly tweaked rules around matching, and the 2-minute time limit (which can be extended through play and/or boost). I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

When you boot it for the first time you might not notice much has changed, but here's the thing: We found with the original game - anecdotally from people telling us, looking at leaderboards and then bringing in some play testers - that while people liked it many didn't "get" some of the core game mechanics. They went through the tutorial but didn't read the dialogs so they didn't know what they were doing even if they enjoyed the game. With Super Monsters, the leveling up progression and mini-goals along with a few new interactive tutorial bits will help reinforce strategies that many never picked up on. We hope that will mean a lot more people enjoying the game!

So - when you start it'll feel similar to the original, but we stack and pile on new concepts and more advanced play styles as you go along. There's also a much deeper How to Play section that spells out more advanced techniques and game info.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiX View Post
Ya I'm wondering the same thing. I love the first game and I think I have bought almost all the adult swim games. That's why I'm looking at this thread now... and I'm kinda disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong... The gameplay is the same except that it's now 2 min and we have iap to purchase coins to boost scores?

Feels kinda like adult swim is doing a crapcom, no? Maybe I should hold on for Super Monsters Ate My Condo! Arcade Edition!!!
I hope that people will like what we're offering here. There's a bunch of new content and ways to enjoy MAMC more than before - it's not the same game!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Re: 2 minutes - I'm testing an update of the game (that fixes the twitter pic when you post and a couple other small things), and just went for 3 minutes 50 seconds - https://twitter.com/superpac/status/250996680038682624

And, this wasn't my best round.