★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Game- Shards

08-20-2008, 08:06 AM
New Game- Shards

I noticed this pop up in the app store, although it seems like it got kinda buried almost immediately. Not sure how Apple's release system works, since viewing apps by release date never seems quite accurate.

Presentation looks really great, colorful and polished. The description they have up for the gameplay kind of leaves me scratching my head though. Action puzzler maybe? I'm hesitant to commit 8$ to something without seeing a review or video of it beforehand though. Maybe they could throw up a lite version.

How do you post a direct link to app's? Feel kinda stupid for not figuring this out yet, maybe someone could fill me in.
08-20-2008, 09:08 AM
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=288199738&mt=8

When you're on the page in the App Store, right click on the game's name or icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL".
08-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=288199738&mt=8

When you're on the page in the App Store, right click on the game's name or icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL".
Ah, thanks.
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately the video we where working on got delayed a bit. Both technical and personal issues with the person doing the video. But we do have a demo version in the Apple release queue. But alas the Apple release queue is not the speediest things in the world ;-) If previous experience is any indication, the demo won't be in iTunes until next week. Hopefully at the same time, or before, the update will also be available since we submitted both at the same time.
09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry to say but the demo has been delayed. It's rather frustrating when Apple decides to reject your application for arbitrary and undocumented reasons. So I had to resubmit the demo and hence don't know when it will appear on the AppStore. Let's just say I feel the pain Pyrofer is going through. The combination of submission delays, having revenue withheld, and rejections because Apple doesn't like an industry standard term that they have allowed others to use is enough to make developers start thinking of class action law suits.

But I digress. Hope the people who are buying the game are enjoyning it. Since we ceratinly do while developing it :-)

CouchWorld Games - Our games so far... Hedronism : Shards : Shardsette