★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Question about motoracer.

11-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Question about motoracer.

Hey guys. I bough motoracer like in september and i downloaded the 1.4 version today. WHen I sync my ipod, it says it cannot install it because it is not compatible with that ipod. I have the 2.1 firmware and its jailbroken and I dont want to update to 2.2 yet cause i dont want to download all the cracked apps again and there is not much difference between 2.1 and 2.2. Do you guys knw what the problem could be? thanks!

Motochaser*

Last edited by Underoath777; 11-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.
11-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath777 View Post
Hey guys. I bough motoracer like in september and i downloaded the 1.4 version today. WHen I sync my ipod, it says it cannot install it because it is not compatible with that ipod. I have the 2.1 firmware and its jailbroken and I dont want to update to 2.2 yet cause i dont want to download all the cracked apps again and there is not much difference between 2.1 and 2.2. Do you guys knw what the problem could be? thanks!
Because you don't have 2.2.

And cracked apps are illeagal and basically screwing the developers. You're stealing and most likely going to hell.

11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post

And cracked apps are illeagal and basically screwing the developers. You're stealing and most likely going to hell.
^ This is the second smartest thing i've read today about anything...
11-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Quote:

Thats not stealing. I have cracked apps because i want to try them out first. I have bought many of the apps i have downloaded when i got them cracked. Like for example, Fieldrunners, i got it from 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 and i loved it then i bought it, same with asphalt, UNO, CSI:Miami, and AppSnipper today. I want to try them out first and not waste my money.
11-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Couldn't have put it better myself Arm.
11-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Thats not stealing...

I want to try them out first and not waste my money...

I dont want to update to 2.2 yet cause i dont want to download all the cracked apps again.
So, exactly how many cracked apps do you need to try before you buy, hmm?
11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
So, exactly how many cracked apps do you need to try before you buy, hmm?
As many as I want. Some apps are worth the money, some are good but not worth the money
11-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote:
As many as I want. Some apps are worth the money, some are good but not worth the money
What I am saying is, seeing as you "don't want to download all the cracked apps again", you obviously keep the ones you think are good but not worth the money.
11-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Quote:
So how many devs is it ok to have to go bankrupt to save you 99c?

If you're using Jailbroken iPhones and cracked apps, you're not just stealing the 99c we would have got for the app you should have bought, you're also wasting our time with junk support calls because it's 99% likely that the jailbreak or crack is causing whatever problem you have.

And using cracked apps is illegal, doesn't matter how you justify it. Using cracked apps that only cost 99c in the first place on a $200 device make you a cheap scumbag with absolutely no justification.
11-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
What I am saying is, seeing as you "don't want to download all the cracked apps again", you obviously keep the ones you think are good but not worth the money.
Of course i keep them, if they are good, why delete them? I have 32 gb of space so I should make better use of that space.

I know cracking apps hurts delevopers but its better to try something out first then waste your money. Its like getting a shirt without trying it out. Well at least you can go and change it for another one, but with apps you cant. I wish developers would take this into consideration and release a lite version of the app first, so everyone can try it out and then if they like it they can buy it, if not then thats good. This would reduce the cracking of apps, i believe, cause people would know how the app is like. Of course there are those who download crack apps to not pay anything, and there are also those who download them because they do not have a credit card to get one from the app store. Also, developers should take into consideration releasing the apps in all of the stores. For example i had to get iScores cracked because it is on the U.S store but not on the Canadian store.