Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
As far as I know, a "gift" simply gives you a free upgrade. It's just something I've heard from another player though, so I'm not certain.

And as for scenarios, I'm pretty sure you unlock them once you finish the jungle. Still haven't quite up to that point yet though.
Thanks, I'll wait for the devs to see if it's certain or not. Different helis would be great. Do you know how to unlock the new scenarios which are closed when you begin a new game? EDIT: reread the reply. I feel silly for asking the same question when you already answered it anyway, thanks again

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 09-29-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

2 VirtualBoyFreak:

About the IAP:

•••Spoiler:  As you may have noticed, the IAP isn't in any way pushed in the game - game plays wery well without it.

We made this on purpose - did not want too much angry players.

However, IAP can help to those, who are in a hurry. And for those, who like the girl.

Now back to the difference between coins and gifts.

Coins are consumed in the current game - if you start a new one they are gone.

Gifts are one time and restorable, each gives you one helo upgrade.

This a kind of cheat.

Once you have purchased all gifts, you may get 6 upgrades w/o spending in-game money.

As it is restorable one time purchase, each time once you start a new game, you may go into the hangar, restore purchases, and get all 6 upgrades instantly.

This should be valid for the second and future locations too.

And, of course, the mechanic girl will wear all the gifts This was just a little crazy idea. Just for fun. We didn't really expect much IAP sales. As I mentioned about, we do not push IAP in any way and were trying to make the game enjoyable without it.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks Happybyte how do you unlock new locations? My guess is that by completing the missions the boss gives you. Am I right? Btw, are there day/night cycles in the game? That would look cool too. In any case, thanks for making such a nice game which can be played in short bursts. Ideal when you have children
Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Different helis would be great. Do you know how to unlock the new scenarios which are closed when you begin a new game?
We have much of response for different aspects of the game - more stuff and locations should come with free updates.

Next location unlocks as you complete the previous one.

To complete a location it may take up to several hours - using autopilot much helps it.

Experienced players that played the game for quite a while, using proper order of upgrades, may complete locations in slighly over than 1 hour each.

I, as a member of the team, personally feel very happy that there are people who find the game enjoyable without hack, slash, fire, guns and kills - so, thank you very much

To make a game and to make it run smooth on all the devices and resolutions it took us over a year and a half - it was just really a big effort. Triple sets of graphics for each of resolution types, pixel perfect optimized each.

Also, it was pretty much about technology. Tuning performance to make it fun even on older devices, tv out, controls and remote. Now, as we have an engine and tech, there are more game to come soone - Mac version of PP amd new locations should come very soon, and the next game with guns, totaly different gameplay, multiplayer and lot more fun comes early next year.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
how do you unlock new locations? My guess is that by completing the missions the boss gives you. Am I right?
Exactly
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post
I, as a member of the team, personally feel very happy that there are people who find the game enjoyable without hack, slash, fire, guns and kills - so, thank you very much
Yes, it's very enjoyable, at least for me. It gives the game a zen feeling which allows you to advance at your own pace without needing to worry about the enemies, as it happens with shooters. It makes the game completely different from the rest that's available in the app store
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 AM

I'd like to chime in with my thanks and praises for this game, it's just so fun to play. So "off rails" with random maps and freedom to go where you like when you're ready, it suits me down to the ground. Just left a positive review on iTunes. Well done guys for an excellent game!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for making a game that looks amazing on the new iPad! Really relaxing and enjoyable just chilling out and admiring the graphics.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Does the game support iCloud save transfer? It would be really useful, especially in a long sandbox type game to be able to move saves between devices. If its not there yet, could it be added?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM

Is there any way to zoom in or set zoom level?

I find the view a bit too distance on the new iPad, screenshots from the other version look better placed with helicopter and view area showing a bit more detail but less area (which I'd personally prefer).

Last edited by september; 09-29-2012 at 06:09 PM..