Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post
The game will stay on sale till at least Oct 11th - other apps like Spyglass will return to normal probably this Tuesday.
Cool. Thanks. Recommended!

New Thread in the sales forum.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 AM

I want to like this game. Exploring the islands are fun, but I feel too much time is spent wandering the ocean hoping to stumble across the quest item. That part isn't fun.

Improving the look of the ocean (the texture is very repetitive) and adding more variety there would go a long way towards improving the game.

Also I felt maxing out the upgrades happens too quickly. I want to greatly improve the speed, cargo and fuel as that would allow me to zip through the dull parts, but I can't.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbates View Post
I want to like this game. Exploring the islands are fun, but I feel too much time is spent wandering the ocean hoping to stumble across the quest item. That part isn't fun.
Did you use the autopilot travelling between islands?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post
Did you use the autopilot travelling between islands?
I used the autopilot some but for me the issue is more with exploring the unknown territory searching for the quest item. Some quests required me to spend 15 minutes staring at little more than the repetitive ocean texture.

I really enjoyed the first half hour of the game where there are many islands. But once you get a ways out it gets rather dull.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I used the autopilot some but for me the issue is more with exploring the unknown territory searching for the quest item. Some quests required me to spend 15 minutes staring at little more than the repetitive ocean texture.

I really enjoyed the first half hour of the game where there are many islands. But once you get a ways out it gets rather dull.
I never actively searched for quest items, I merely explored the world collecting other items until I discovered something I needed. I can imagine hunting solely for the things you need being a little less fun.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I really enjoyed the first half hour of the game where there are many islands.
Thanks =)

Quote:
But once you get a ways out it gets rather dull.
We will be defininitely add more interesting stuff after the upcoming bugfix update. We received much of different interesting suggestions. About what it is now - we were focusing on the tech, so, you are right, there is a place for an improvement. Many things are like this because of the tight resource limits, that on older devices are used up to the maximum. New things, as we add them will appear in the current locations too - yet, not all older devices will be able to render them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I never actively searched for quest items, I merely explored the world collecting other items until I discovered something I needed. I can imagine hunting solely for the things you need being a little less fun.
It's like a fast levelling just to see what's coming next - like you play SWTOR doing main quests only avoiding any side quests.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM

I just finished the second world and enjoyed it more than the first. I think I had terrible luck finding the quest items in the first world.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I just finished the second world and enjoyed it more than the first. I think I had terrible luck finding the quest items in the first world.
=) That's because of the game map randomization.

•••Spoiler:  Basically, the best quick run strategy would be in exploiting a game feature. That's what we used to test it. When the helicopter crashed it's restored with full fuel tank and fully repaired. So, to make a quick run upgrade speed and fuel capacity. Then exploit the crash-repair to open the game map - then, as soon, as you get a new quest, the quest item will be visible on the map already, as it is open.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

If you can add even some combat with all the contents already there, it would be the perfect "Frontier" in the jungle
Or even a new game or a switchable option in Pilot's Path (so people who prefer playing at their pace will not switch on the "combat option")
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi
One can easily tell when a game is an instant hit, it's great to see Devs getting so many things right: gameplay, graphics, sounds, controls, i havent been playing that much but it seems there's an interesting storyline as well. Minor complaint so far would be text fonts. they are way too small on the iphone 5. I feel like it's just me as no one has reported it so far. :-(