★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beach Volley Pro 1.99$ -> 0.99$ Sale [Universal]

09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Beach Volley Pro 1.99$ -> 0.99$ Sale [Universal]

Hi all,

Just a small heads up that the Beach Volley Pro game from the guys who developed iOverTheNet is on sale for 0.99$.

I hope I have put this correctly here - if not, I apologize in advance, and kindly request someone with more experience to teach me how to do it

I downloaded the game, it's a competent volleyball game. It reminds me of Kings of the Beach, but updated to 2012. It seems that "Over the Net" was an old Amiga game that was developed by the same team, and it was very popular as well, so take your pick.

My recommendation is that it's a solid game, and if you are into volleyball, then it shouldn't be a bad purchase. To be honest, I don't really know many more decent volleyball games on iOS asides from the iOverTheNet series, which this builds up on.

Cheers!
09-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks!!!

Francesco - Dardari Multimedia *** DEVELOPER ***
Our Games: Over the Net 2016, new 3D beach volley for Apple TV & iOS -
iOverTheNet - "iOverTheNet 2011 Beach Volley" The beach volley game vintage versions
The beach tennis Beach Tennis HD and Beach Volley Pro the 2014 beach volley game version
09-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz71 View Post
Thanks!!!
Are there any plans for a lite version? I think this game would benefit highly from it. Loved the volleyball games of old, but I would be kind of hesitant to buy one on ios unless it was from a well known publisher.

I would probably buy this if there was a lite version assuming it was good. But, I get weary about buying 3d sports games on ios because most aren't too good, except of course for big name titles like Virtua Tenis, Fifa Soccer, NBA Jam, and 2k12 NHL Hockey.
09-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Hi Connector,

My thoughts exactly, I was also concerned. I downloaded one of the ioverthenet lite versions, which are essentially the same game (I.e. they are the prequels), and even though they aren't universal, they were sufficient for me to try it out on my iPad and get a feel.

I honestly don't know what changed between the previous games and this one, but since I didn't own any of them I thought I might as well get the most recent, universal one.

Hope that helps!
10-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Are there any plans for a lite version? I think this game would benefit highly from it. Loved the volleyball games of old, but I would be kind of hesitant to buy one on ios unless it was from a well known publisher.

I would probably buy this if there was a lite version assuming it was good. But, I get weary about buying 3d sports games on ios because most aren't too good, except of course for big name titles like Virtua Tenis, Fifa Soccer, NBA Jam, and 2k12 NHL Hockey.
Yes, the LITE version is ready. 10/15 days

Francesco - Dardari Multimedia *** DEVELOPER ***
Our Games: Over the Net 2016, new 3D beach volley for Apple TV & iOS -
iOverTheNet - "iOverTheNet 2011 Beach Volley" The beach volley game vintage versions
The beach tennis Beach Tennis HD and Beach Volley Pro the 2014 beach volley game version
10-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz71 View Post
Yes, the LITE version is ready. 10/15 days
Thanks, would love to try it. Loved the old beach volleyball games of old. Just really careful about sporting games on ios because of the lack of cpu power on ios devices. But looking forward to trying your game!