★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: -THE HOTTEST ARCADE RHYTHM GAME is back on your mobile-
-A NEW STORY begins in the palm of your hand with DJMAX RAY-

-Ver. 1.0.11 Updated-

Fix Slide and Hold Note bug

=====================
DATA LOSS RECOVERY
In case of data loss, please export your data (MENU>OPTION>BACKUP DATA>EXPORT), then contact us at [djmaxray@pmangplus.com] with all relevant info including your PmangPlus ID.
=====================

A NEW SENSATION on a NEW PLATFORM; the legendary rhythm game is coming to mobile as DJMAX RAY!
Come and rediscover the former best songs from the DJMAX library, as well as NEW SONGS unveiled for the first time in DJMAX RAY on your iPhone.

KILLER FEATURES OF DJMAX RAY
-NEW SONGS introduced for the first time in DJMAX RAY
-REAL KEYSOUND system, a distinguishing feature of the DJMAX series
-8-LAYER FEVER SYSTEM; feel the FEVER within the FEVER!
-RETINA DISPLAY support

HOW TO PLAY
-Tap or slide the music track at the bottom of the screen as the notes fall onto it.
-Activate the FEVER MODE by tapping the FEVER button when the gauge is full and rainbow-colored. Earn double Combo points in FEVER mode.
-Invoke FEVER again while in FEVER mode to multiply your Combo gains by three, four, etc. up to a maximum of eight-fold!
-Clear all challenge missions and unlock the hidden songs.
-The higher the level you reach, the more items you can get; challenge the higher levels to get all the items.
-Show off your score by sharing with your Facebook friends.

-----------------------------------------------------
It includes in-app purchase items.
Make sure if you delete the app without backing up, all the DJ Info will be initialized. You can back up the data at MENU>OPTION.
-----------------------------------------------------
Check out the other titles from the Pmangplus lineup
London 2012 Official Mobile Game of the Olympic Games
TAP SONIC
KERI RACING
Morinori: Goddess Of War

NEOWIZ INTERNET Corp. NEOWIZ MOBILE Corp.

Haruhi's comments:

Teaser Trailer

Gameplay Video
09-28-2012, 12:13 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 340
One of the better if not one of the best music type game I've played. Unfortunately there is only at most 5 free songs. If you want the whole playlist which is 25 or 30, its about $10. Wouldn't mind paying $10 for a quality game, but the number of songs just doesn't really justify the price. Would have been much better imo to make the songs unlockable via progressive play. Something like O2Jam is still better imo.

Last edited by imuddy; 09-28-2012 at 12:38 AM.

09-28-2012, 12:56 AM
#3
Wow you're fast
Thanks for posting!
09-28-2012, 01:56 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by imuddy View Post
One of the better if not one of the best music type game I've played. Unfortunately there is only at most 5 free songs. If you want the whole playlist which is 25 or 30, its about $10. Wouldn't mind paying $10 for a quality game, but the number of songs just doesn't really justify the price. Would have been much better imo to make the songs unlockable via progressive play. Something like O2Jam is still better imo.
Since when O2Jam unlocks songs through play?

Anyway, first thing - this game, same as Tap Sonic (as well as O2Jam), is meant to be played on the phone. Neowiz, no reason to show it on iPad, I tested it, it plays nice in x2, then I switched to my phone, the difference is night and day. Stuff you struggle on the iPad due to finger placement you pull off with no problems on your phone. I guess that can explain why the game is not universal.


Also, the price is appropriate. There are 5 song packs @ 1.59EUR each - 4 songs + 1 hidden song unlocked after you complete the appropriate challenges. If you add it all up you can get 25 DJMax songs for 8EUR, now compare that with PSP or PSVita price.

All in all good game Neowiz, although I am still angry at you for forcing me to buy PSVita to play Technika.
09-28-2012, 03:51 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
I'm really torn here. I love dj max, I imported the first 2 psp ones from Japan and they were around 35 each. So I'm more than happy to pay 6.99 for the all songs pack here but.... I'm really not liking the new slide notes, where you press one note and slide across to another note.
I wish there was an option do turn them off, that's the only thing stopping me but this at the moment.

Apart from that the game is just as great as usual, the music is fantastic, for being touch screen it actually feels ok pressing the virtual buttons.

Any plans to have an option to disable the slide notes? If so ill buy this in a flash but right now I'm waiting.
Ill play some more anyway and see if they grow on me.
09-28-2012, 06:00 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 323
Will pick this up when I can, anyone have an opinion of which song packs are the best?
09-28-2012, 06:06 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by studepaber007 View Post
Will pick this up when I can, anyone have an opinion of which song packs are the best?
Just go by the titles of the song packs; they are kind of accurate to the type of music it contains.

I do perfer Entrance though; I enjoy the popiness

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 599
Seems to run pretty well on an iTouch 4G, but the trial songs don't sound that impressive to me and the difficulty - yeah, completely out of my reach. (I am aware DJMax is supposedly a pretty difficult series.) I'll stick with Tonesphere and Cytus. Shame - I can totally see how if you're into the series this could be great, and the IAPs don't feel completely horrid. But no, not for me.
09-28-2012, 12:00 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Krieg View Post
Since when O2Jam unlocks songs through play?

Anyway, first thing - this game, same as Tap Sonic (as well as O2Jam), is meant to be played on the phone. Neowiz, no reason to show it on iPad, I tested it, it plays nice in x2, then I switched to my phone, the difference is night and day. Stuff you struggle on the iPad due to finger placement you pull off with no problems on your phone. I guess that can explain why the game is not universal.


Also, the price is appropriate. There are 5 song packs @ 1.59EUR each - 4 songs + 1 hidden song unlocked after you complete the appropriate challenges. If you add it all up you can get 25 DJMax songs for 8EUR, now compare that with PSP or PSVita price.

All in all good game Neowiz, although I am still angry at you for forcing me to buy PSVita to play Technika.
Since you seem to played both, you would know you can earn coins in O2Jam through various methods. However unless your willing to pay, this game only has 5 song.
09-28-2012, 10:09 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,443
Game Impressions

As a long-time DJMAX player on PSP, I can confirm that this version is great. It has several levels of difficulty and 4,5, and 6 tap arrays. The song packs contain a number of songs, so they aren't at all expensive, as compared to Rock Band and others. You can buy every song in the game for a total of $10, which is a no-brainer. I'm on the new iPad and it's playing fine for me @2x, but ymmv. Loving this.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 10-01-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: sp