Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-28-2012, 08:04 AM

I was pleasantly surprised by this! In fact the only reason I picked it up was because it was a 10 tons game. Love those - many of my favorites. I hesitated because the game play seemed so similar to so many games - boy was I wrong! I highly recommend this game. Especially if you are sick of the three star leveling system (well haven't seen it yet if it exists) and would rather see your performance based on adjectives (that by my stretch of the imagination don't see any one higher than another).

So what and how do you get the gold ball? I guess it is like an extra ball? But how do you earn it?

Also, this seems to appear in my Game Center list but as never played. I have indeed been playing so I found that a little odd.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by this! In fact the only reason I picked it up was because it was a 10 tons game. Love those - many of my favorites. I hesitated because the game play seemed so similar to so many games - boy was I wrong! I highly recommend this game. Especially if you are sick of the three star leveling system (well haven't seen it yet if it exists) and would rather see your performance based on adjectives (that by my stretch of the imagination don't see any one higher than another).

So what and how do you get the gold ball? I guess it is like an extra ball? But how do you earn it?

Also, this seems to appear in my Game Center list but as never played. I have indeed been playing so I found that a little odd.
To earn a gold rock, get a 3x+ multiplier or hit the King with a rock. Also, you can only start earning achievements after you unlock the achievement square on the board, maybe that's why GC said never played.

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 09-28-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
You have to indeed find the Achievements tile in the map before the achievements start registering.

Also, there appears to be a bit of a bug Some iPhones are not logging in to the GameCenter. We'll fix this in the next update (hopefully next week).

Everything works fine inside the game though, and even the GameCenter stuff works OK on all iPads. Sorry about the inconvenience -- you'll get your achievements listed in GameCenter automatically after the update, so no worries.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I got a promo code from the King Oddball web site using a Joining Hands term. Any JH reference is great because that game is so good.

The King himself is pretty entertaining. Thanks 10ton. All hail the King!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:51 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

When I enter a saying from joining hands and try to talk with the king an error page comes up?
Oh well!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
When I enter a saying from joining hands and try to talk with the king an error page comes up?
Oh well!
Don't click Talk, just hit the Enter key. If the King says Excuse Me then he didn't recognize the text.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Is there some backstory explaining why King Oddball is such an ***hole? Is he a vengeful moon god, pissed at humans for walking all over his face?

...edit-stupid iOS auto replace

Last edited by Greyskull; 09-28-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

For a physics-based flinging game, this feels remarkably fresh. One thing that sticks out as unusual to me is that there is no scoring or replaying a level after it is completed. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter whether you finish the level using just one one rock or with no rocks remaining. The only goals you are shooting for is progressing forward in the map and trying for the various achievements. It lets the retentive side of me relax a bit. Yes, King Oddball is bit off kilter like the name suggests, but it is all good.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Lol, typed Siri and got:

"I've taught her all she knows. Just don't tell her that."

With such a great endorsement, I'll be picking it up later (unless I can unlock a code somehow, hmmm). Great idea on the promocode thing, make us work for one!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:45 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Don't click Talk, just hit the Enter key. If the King says Excuse Me then he didn't recognize the text.
Ok thank you!