★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-28-2012, 08:04 AM
#11
I was pleasantly surprised by this! In fact the only reason I picked it up was because it was a 10 tons game. Love those - many of my favorites. I hesitated because the game play seemed so similar to so many games - boy was I wrong! I highly recommend this game. Especially if you are sick of the three star leveling system (well haven't seen it yet if it exists) and would rather see your performance based on adjectives (that by my stretch of the imagination don't see any one higher than another).

So what and how do you get the gold ball? I guess it is like an extra ball? But how do you earn it?

Also, this seems to appear in my Game Center list but as never played. I have indeed been playing so I found that a little odd.
09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
#12
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by this! In fact the only reason I picked it up was because it was a 10 tons game. Love those - many of my favorites. I hesitated because the game play seemed so similar to so many games - boy was I wrong! I highly recommend this game. Especially if you are sick of the three star leveling system (well haven't seen it yet if it exists) and would rather see your performance based on adjectives (that by my stretch of the imagination don't see any one higher than another).

So what and how do you get the gold ball? I guess it is like an extra ball? But how do you earn it?

Also, this seems to appear in my Game Center list but as never played. I have indeed been playing so I found that a little odd.
To earn a gold rock, get a 3x+ multiplier or hit the King with a rock. Also, you can only start earning achievements after you unlock the achievement square on the board, maybe that's why GC said never played.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 09-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.

09-28-2012, 08:19 AM
#13
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Also, this seems to appear in my Game Center list but as never played. I have indeed been playing so I found that a little odd.
You have to indeed find the Achievements tile in the map before the achievements start registering.

Also, there appears to be a bit of a bug Some iPhones are not logging in to the GameCenter. We'll fix this in the next update (hopefully next week).

Everything works fine inside the game though, and even the GameCenter stuff works OK on all iPads. Sorry about the inconvenience -- you'll get your achievements listed in GameCenter automatically after the update, so no worries.

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: Crimsonland
09-28-2012, 08:26 AM
#14
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,340
I got a promo code from the King Oddball web site using a Joining Hands term. Any JH reference is great because that game is so good.

The King himself is pretty entertaining. Thanks 10ton. All hail the King!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-28-2012, 08:51 AM
#15
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,036
When I enter a saying from joining hands and try to talk with the king an error page comes up?
Oh well!
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
#16
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
When I enter a saying from joining hands and try to talk with the king an error page comes up?
Oh well!
Don't click Talk, just hit the Enter key. If the King says Excuse Me then he didn't recognize the text.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
#17
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,308
Is there some backstory explaining why King Oddball is such an ***hole? Is he a vengeful moon god, pissed at humans for walking all over his face?

...edit-stupid iOS auto replace

Last edited by Greyskull; 09-28-2012 at 02:37 PM.
09-28-2012, 01:25 PM
#18
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,340
For a physics-based flinging game, this feels remarkably fresh. One thing that sticks out as unusual to me is that there is no scoring or replaying a level after it is completed. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter whether you finish the level using just one one rock or with no rocks remaining. The only goals you are shooting for is progressing forward in the map and trying for the various achievements. It lets the retentive side of me relax a bit. Yes, King Oddball is bit off kilter like the name suggests, but it is all good.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-28-2012, 01:43 PM
#19
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: in a van down by the river...
Posts: 1,325
Lol, typed Siri and got:

"I've taught her all she knows. Just don't tell her that."

With such a great endorsement, I'll be picking it up later (unless I can unlock a code somehow, hmmm). Great idea on the promocode thing, make us work for one!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
09-28-2012, 01:45 PM
#20
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Don't click Talk, just hit the Enter key. If the King says Excuse Me then he didn't recognize the text.
Ok thank you!