Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarboo View Post
Hi Syen,

Glad you could fix that nasty save bug

Just a quick question. Right now, my girlfriend and I have 2 iPhones + 1 iPad, all synced on the same iTunes account. Today, we have 3 different save files. How will it work with iCloud support ? Can we set the automatic synchronization separately on each device ? Or will only 1 save file be overwrited everywhere ?

Thanks !
Jarboo
Hi Jarboo!

Yep, that is the nasty thing with iCloud, if you are all using the same iCloud account then conflicts will probably appear between the 3 devices. I think though that you can have a different iTunes and iCloud account setup in a device (at least thats what I understand when I see the preferences in my iPhone!) So maybe you can use the same iTunes but she can create a new iCloud account which she registers in her device? Then she will probably not get overwritten by your game save (or you overwritten by hers!).

Well the thing with iCloud is that it is not always sooo reliable, some times it works flawlessly, some times it may not synchronise for some reason until you close the app and wait a few mins. I think the best is to just be careful and not try to play the game in both devices the exact same time , oh and when installing 1.3 make sure you will play first with the device your main character is! You want to make sure you will not overwrite your main device character with your character in your secondary device

I will probably try to add more sophisticated syncing in the future (its seriously one of the hardest things you can do in iOS development right now and i really need to get the update out soon), and I will try to ask for an expedited review too... hopefully they will accept my request and the fix will be out asap else the usual waiting time

Very important: Oh and make sure when you update (although i have made the fixes but yet its another layer of protection), to use the option in the Options menu for syncing game data! That completely cleans the database (without losing your data) and then rebuilds it from scratch thus removing any corruption!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I really like the game. I experienced the lost progress bug several times after updating from 1.1 to 1.2 so I reinstalled fresh and started over. Everything was working really well until tonight I lost 100 some levels arg. Hesitant to put more time into this again.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotzen View Post
I really like the game. I experienced the lost progress bug several times after updating from 1.1 to 1.2 so I reinstalled fresh and started over. Everything was working really well until tonight I lost 100 some levels arg. Hesitant to put more time into this again.
Hi Kotzen, I am really sorry to hear that. Apple just emailed me that they accepted my request for expedited review, so hopefully the update will be out very very soon and then you can use the new mechanism in options menu to remove the glitch in the database and/or iCloud to backup your data!

iCloud btw will not be automatically enabled (some people may not want to use it after all so i cannot force it to everyone), you will need to turn it on in the new preferences menu i have enabled in the iOS Settings.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotzen View Post

Aargh!! I was about to do the same but somehow I hold on and didn't restart from scratch. I understand we can progress faster now but please Syen do have any thoughts on what happened to Kotzen?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Is there a cap or limit to the benefits of completing quests in Tavern Mode? I'm at 31 quests completed and my reputation bar doesn't seem to be moving up very much.

Thanks in advance for any info. Keep up the great work, Syen.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Hash View Post
Aargh!! I was about to do the same but somehow I hold on and didn't restart from scratch. I understand we can progress faster now but please Syen do have any thoughts on what happened to Kotzen?
No idea really guys, the bug had never happened to my device but i was uninstalling installing all the time because of development. And the main thing is i really did not change the way that data is stored apart from adding some additional new data to accommodate the new stuff in 1.2, so some weird corruption must have been caused. But what i did in 1.3 is to add a mechanism in the options menu that temporarily saves all your data, then completely removes the database and rebuilds it from scratch putting your data again inside + the iCloud which backups the data on the cloud, so it shouldn't really have any problems again! The update is still on review right now (its quite big update as it includes the whole 1.3 update with the new item system, etc) and hopefully its out in a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Is there a cap or limit to the benefits of completing quests in Tavern Mode? I'm at 31 quests completed and my reputation bar doesn't seem to be moving up very much.

Thanks in advance for any info. Keep up the great work, Syen.
There is a current cap but it will take a very long way to reach it (much much more than hundred of quests). The main thing is that the amount of quests it takes to fill the reputation bar grows exponentially after the first 1-2 rewards, so the more rewards you get the slower it gets (but the final rank of rewards is really powerful so it shouldn't be fast to get i guess)!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi guys, update 1.3 will be available in a matter of minutes! Remember to use the new sync data option to clean your database if you got the bug and if you want also enable the new iCloud syncing in settings.

In general the new features of 1.3 are the following:

- Improved battle item system (you can now customise your 3 battle item slots with 4 new items!)
- New quest menu which includes a new leader board view (you will be able to customise in future update)
- iCloud game save support (you can enable through the new Settings preferences) !!!
- New "sync game data" option in options menu (use it to restore your data or to clean the database if a game save glitch occurred)
- Tip Jar (completely optional IAP donation towards supporting the developer, very similar to how ravenmark does it! Before anyone is negative, this option has nothing to do with gameplay is completely optional and was requested by many in personal emails! I am putting insane amount of effort and time in the game during my free time so it makes sense to have something like this as the game is not selling as good as many imagine)
- Critical bug fix: game saves now properly
- other bug fixes and optimisations

Update 1.4 will focus only in balancing issues (taken from earlier comments and suggestions) and bug fixes.

Thank you guys for the awesome support!

Last edited by Syen; 10-29-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Hi guys, update 1.3 will be available in a matter of minutes! Remember to use the new sync data option to clean your database if you got the bug and if you want also enable the new iCloud syncing in settings.

In general the new features of 1.3 are the following:

- Improved battle item system (you can now customise your 3 battle item slots with 4 new items!)
- New quest menu which includes a new leader board view (you will be able to customise in future update)
- iCloud game save support (you can enable through the new Settings preferences) !!!
- New "sync game data" option in options menu (use it to restore your data or to clean the database if a game save glitch occurred)
- Tip Jar (completely optional IAP donation towards supporting the developer, very similar to how ravenmark does it! Before anyone is negative, this option has nothing to do with gameplay is completely optional and was requested by many in personal emails! I am putting insane amount of effort and time in the game during my free time so it makes sense to have something like this as the game is not selling as good as many imagine)
- Critical bug fix: game saves now properly
- other bug fixes and optimisations

Update 1.4 will focus only in balancing issues (taken from earlier comments and suggestions) and bug fixes.

Thank you guys for the awesome support!
Wow that was fast !
Apple outdid themselves on this one. Just Installed it. Nice changes. Now it's time to beat my friend who is currently better ranked than me on the new quest menu.

I just bought one tip to support you but will definitely buy more as I level up.

Keep up the great work.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Hash View Post
Wow that was fast !
Apple outdid themselves on this one. Just Installed it. Nice changes. Now it's time to beat my friend who is currently better ranked than me on the new quest menu.

I just bought one tip to support you but will definitely buy more as I level up.

Keep up the great work.
I plan to make the new quest menu leaderboard fully customizable btw in a next update, so you can choose if it will be daily or weekly or all-time, and what kind of info it will present!

Thnx a lot for the support man and glad you enjoy it!

Need to get some sleep now :P

PS: hope you like the updated icon, •••Spoiler:  its based on a secret shield update you can find deep in the game

Last edited by Syen; 10-29-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 12:58 AM

Game doesn't multitask for me anymore...