Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidewaystable View Post
Should I get this while it's free?
Definitely. It is like Dungeon Raid, but more fun (IMO).

Get it for free and drop the developer a 'tip' from within the game.

Loads of achievements and extra content to unlock.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Seems like the reason people get different multitasking results might be how iOS does state save/restore.

If the app isn't kicked out of memory, the OS saves/restores the state and never sends the app a termination event. If you open another heavy app, it'll get booted out of memory, the app terminates (unsure if it gets a notification) and it's the app's responsibility to restore state. That would explain why sometimes it restores and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm unsure of the flow for sleeping the phone, power running out, etc. Think most apps that play particularly nice with multitasking continually save state as they go along so that they don't need to be notified on termination.

I'm sure the app developer has already considered this, of course, this is more for the other users.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM

fingers crossed that 1.31 fixes the issue! lost my progress from level 188 to 301 a couple times. blech!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Seems like the reason people get different multitasking results might be how iOS does state save/restore.

If the app isn't kicked out of memory, the OS saves/restores the state and never sends the app a termination event. If you open another heavy app, it'll get booted out of memory, the app terminates (unsure if it gets a notification) and it's the app's responsibility to restore state. That would explain why sometimes it restores and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm unsure of the flow for sleeping the phone, power running out, etc. Think most apps that play particularly nice with multitasking continually save state as they go along so that they don't need to be notified on termination.

I'm sure the app developer has already considered this, of course, this is more for the other users.
Yep it is probably the reason you describe. I have a method to save the game data when the application terminates for various reasons, so the data shouldn't get lost, but if indeed the phone runs out of memory then I assume it will terminate the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adin View Post
fingers crossed that 1.31 fixes the issue! lost my progress from level 188 to 301 a couple times. blech!
Yes i confirm it fixes it, i am doing some changes in iCloud to make sure it updates every time and i am submitting very soon! I will ask again for an expedited review, but i doubt they will give me another one so soon *crosses fingers*

Last edited by Syen; 10-30-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 09:19 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
What i will basically do is implement a backup storage mechanism using a different non-database API which i can directly control programmatically. Every time you save (which is every time your character levels up, or a new item is upgraded, etc), your save will be saved both in the existing database and the backup storage. Then, every time you load the game, it will crosscheck the save with the existing database. Now when the game starts and the two storages get crosschecked, only the latest version will be kept, which means that 140% (9gag style ) your save will not get rolled back. Thus eliminating the glitch for good for the people who still have it. In a future update i may switch directly to the new saving system mechanism, but I cannot do it right now for various reasons. But this doesn't have ANY impact in the gaming experience anyway, its just implementation details.
I'm being optimistic right now. I don't mind restarting the game if it permanently fixes the save glitch. Here's hoping it does, -crosses fingers- If I can manage to get into the hundred's again, I'll think about donating a couple .99's ;]! Also, I can't believe you said Major new features. Now I'm REALLY pumped up, but the save comes first!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzu View Post
I'm being optimistic right now. I don't mind restarting the game if it permanently fixes the save glitch. Here's hoping it does, -crosses fingers- If I can manage to get into the hundred's again, I'll think about donating a couple .99's ;]! Also, I can't believe you said Major new features. Now I'm REALLY pumped up, but the save comes first!
Yep, the new save system is completely implemented and works, i am currently making changes to iCloud (as i changed the system i have to change how iCloud syncs the data based on the new saving mechanism), but i should finish quite soon, then i will submit the update!

Yep i will not say anything yet though, hopefully i can show a preview next week
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Ok I've just updated from 1.2 to 1.3 , played and leveled up a few from 90 to 100. Synced data everytime I died.

Went to take a shower, came back, I'm level 1. Sorry but don't think I'll have the patience to do it all over again. Even after I meticulously synced data everytime I died. =/
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the 4 new items in the update. It's the flask, mirror, flute or something. Says can use in battle for...but can't find how to use.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the 4 new items in the update. It's the flask, mirror, flute or something. Says can use in battle for...but can't find how to use.
You need to replace them with the 3 default ones. Tap one of the four new items and click one of the three default ones to "switch" them.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM

Thanks for making me make my mind up downloading now !