10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Thanks man, this bug seriously wrecked my morale (+ all the negative response although i was working like hell to solve it), but hopefully it will be very soon in the past. Well it was a nice lesson learned, next time i will go for a much simpler saving system mechanism than implementing a database system that is maybe a bit too much for the purposes of such a game!
Glad to know you're working hard for us. And, it's just my opinion, but, a database save system works better for RPG's, or games that have a thorough skill/item/etc structure. A database in that case, would be more efficient in sorting everything out. Keep up the good work! I have put off on playing until 1.3.1 come out.
11-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I love these monsters! My strategy becomes staying alive and not killing it as many turns as I can to get more gold. Only swiping 3 hearts or coins at a time. I've gotten 3-4 screens of coins. Much fun.
Thats not the exploit btw. I hope he does fix it because Ive stopped playing now. Its unfair when I know that I can have unlimited coins at any time.

Last edited by 99c_gamer; 11-01-2012 at 01:40 AM.

11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
Thats not the exploit btw. I hope he does fix it because Ive stopped playing now. Its unfair when I know that I can have unlimited coins at any time.
Yes i will fix it no worries.

The update just got in review, which means in a couple of hours max the update will be available!

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
11-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Yes i will fix it no worries.

The update just got in review, which means in a couple of hours max the update will be available!
Oh boy! I can't wait.

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
The 1.3.1 update is out!

11-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Testing new version !

Quote:
The 1.3.1 update is out!
Great !!!

I'm installing right now, I wanted to install from scratch to be sure.
I'll keep you informed on my progress. Hopefully I won't find another save bug !

I really hope I can fully enjoy this awesome game !

Great reactivity Syen, I guess you need some sleep now ;-)
11-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Tests in progress

Ok, so after a bit more than hour of gameplay, everything is looking fine !

I'm lvl25, 3rd dungeon, 8 quests done, everything is saving fine !
I tried to kill the game just after a dungeon, after a quest, just after a level up inside the dungeon : everytime it's saved
And I don't see the multitasking problem anymore !

Great job Syen !
11-02-2012, 05:37 AM
I am glad it works mate! Hope more who were hit with the bug decide to update and havent given up, there are a lot of exciting things planned !

Now you can finally enjoy both 1.2 and 1.3 for good! I am already working on 1.3.2 which will have some balancing apart some other stuff.

11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok guys now that the fix is out of the way, i want to share you some of my upcoming plans (hopefully to excite you):

- Dungeon Story 2.0: the game will get a major graphical overhaul somewhere around end of november/december, which will follow with a lot of new gameplay features. The graphics will be in the same direction of cartoonish (but much more professional from my graphics) and more zelda-esque. This is an absolutely free update, i am not going to make a new application as that sucks. I am in talks with a very well known and talented artist (and a bit expensive so every donation counts!) - i cannot reveal his name yet until our deal and cooperation finishes successfully. I will try to show some preview pics the next weeks.

- Localisation: next update will contain translation to Chinese (2nd biggest market for Dungeon Story right now). More languages to follow in later updates (targeting spanish, german and french right now but i can add more if there is enough demand)

- Balancing issues: This is VERY important and I am already working on it. It will happen over the next couple of patches (some balancing in each patch) based on feedback i have got and i will get. I do not want to do all the balancing in one patch as it is time consuming and its easier to break the game if you do a lot of changes to formulas.

- Strategic enhancements: I am doing some very important code optimisations right now in order to make it MUCH easier to add new strategic features in the near future. It is a huge priority in the Dungeon Story development roadmap.

I also plan to add additional revenue methods which are 100% optional and do not break the game (i guarantee that because i am also an iOS gamer and i know what sucks or not for us gamers). I really need to increase the revenue of the game in order to support my vision of creating the ultimate Puzzle/RPG hybrid, but in order to hire expensive freelance artists, animations, or dedicate so much free time to develop new features i need some pocket money! So i am currently thinking (and had many people already request it in personal emails) to add a few completely optional non-consumable IAPs over the next updates (with early adopters getting some free perks ofc because i love you and want to thank your support ). These options could be stuff like double coins, a very rare battle-item upgrade (the hero shield) which already exists in game but i could provide it as an IAP also for the people who want to get it faster, or a very special game mode for end-game characters (such as a dungeon expansion). In general, I like the system that Punch Quest implements offering cosmetic upgrades (or ones that are completely optional) and I would like to take some ideas from there.

Hope you like all these plans, and please if you have any good ideas tell me, as you know I value your feedback seriously a lot. And in the end the game is made for you.

11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Ok guys now that the fix is out of the way, i want to share you some of my upcoming plans (hopefully to excite you):

- Dungeon Story 2.0: the game will get a major graphical overhaul somewhere around end of november/december, which will follow with a lot of new gameplay features. The graphics will be in the same direction of cartoonish (but much more professional from my graphics) and more zelda-esque. This is an absolutely free update, i am not going to make a new application as that sucks. I am in talks with a very well known and talented artist (and a bit expensive so every donation counts!) - i cannot reveal his name yet until our deal and cooperation finishes successfully. I will try to show some preview pics the next weeks.

- Localisation: next update will contain translation to Chinese (2nd biggest market for Dungeon Story right now). More languages to follow in later updates (targeting spanish, german and french right now but i can add more if there is enough demand)

- Balancing issues: This is VERY important and I am already working on it. It will happen over the next couple of patches (some balancing in each patch) based on feedback i have got and i will get. I do not want to do all the balancing in one patch as it is time consuming and its easier to break the game if you do a lot of changes to formulas.

- Strategic enhancements: I am doing some very important code optimisations right now in order to make it MUCH easier to add new strategic features in the near future. It is a huge priority in the Dungeon Story development roadmap.

I also plan to add additional revenue methods which are 100% optional and do not break the game (i guarantee that because i am also an iOS gamer and i know what sucks or not for us gamers). I really need to increase the revenue of the game in order to support my vision of creating the ultimate Puzzle/RPG hybrid, but in order to hire expensive freelance artists, animations, or dedicate so much free time to develop new features i need some pocket money! So i am currently thinking (and had many people already request it in personal emails) to add a few completely optional non-consumable IAPs over the next updates (with early adopters getting some free perks ofc because i love you and want to thank your support ). These options could be stuff like double coins, a very rare battle-item upgrade (the hero shield) which already exists in game but i could provide it as an IAP also for the people who want to get it faster, or a very special game mode for end-game characters (such as a dungeon expansion). In general, I like the system that Punch Quest implements offering cosmetic upgrades (or ones that are completely optional) and I would like to take some ideas from there.

Hope you like all these plans, and please if you have any good ideas tell me, as you know I value your feedback seriously a lot. And in the end the game is made for you.
Wow man,you're absolutely working your ass off there,absolute respect to you.