Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

As I said, great work Syen. You're really giving a lot to this game (and to us), and we appreciate it.

Great ideas for the future, and great news if you can afford a freelance designer, the game will look even nicer !

Just a small bug I've found, since installing the game this morning.

In the 3rd dungeon, I'm experiencing a bug with XP. From the 4th monster and onwards, every monster gives me 525 XP (even the weak ones) !
Since I'm level 50-ish, it's nearly 1 level-up for each monster. I managed to reproduce it 3 times in a row (sometimes it's from the 4th monster, others from the 7th monster). I attached a pic, you can see 525 XP in the background
Maybe you tried to implement an XP threshold in each dungeon and the problem comes from here ?

You should hire me as a beta-tester

Oh, and if you want to localize your game in French , I'll be glad to help !! It will be better than Google Translate !
Attached Images
File Type: png photo.PNG (199.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarboo View Post
As I said, great work Syen. You're really giving a lot to this game (and to us), and we appreciate it.

Great ideas for the future, and great news if you can afford a freelance designer, the game will look even nicer !

Just a small bug I've found, since installing the game this morning.

In the 3rd dungeon, I'm experiencing a bug with XP. From the 4th monster and onwards, every monster gives me 525 XP (even the weak ones) !
Since I'm level 50-ish, it's nearly 1 level-up for each monster. I managed to reproduce it 3 times in a row (sometimes it's from the 4th monster, others from the 7th monster). I attached a pic, you can see 525 XP in the background
Maybe you tried to implement an XP threshold in each dungeon and the problem comes from here ?

You should hire me as a beta-tester

Oh, and if you want to localize your game in French , I'll be glad to help !! It will be better than Google Translate !
Nice find! Maybe i introduced a bug as i tried to put an exp threshold in the first 2 dungeons, well at least its a "nice" bug . I am using testflight so if you would like to have a beta build just send me a PM to invite you!

Haha yea i am definitely not using Google Translate (it can seriously suck :P), for Chinese I have hired a native (was not really expensive). I got a real life french friend who offered to help, but if he is very busy at that time I will let you know!

PS: ok there was indeed a bug in a value in the exp formula, i just fixed it for the new version!

Last edited by Syen; 11-02-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Sven

Just to add support. Been a "silent" player here since v1.0. Seen the lows (suffered the pain of losing progress, and now on hindsight, the clunky v1.0 gameplay) but relished the highs when a new version release comes our way with new and more impressive game play and ideas. Hope that you can keep it up (and that others continue to contribute new ideas which in turn give you more to work with.)

Throughly enjoying DS.

Current flavour of the day - The Tavern! Actually (and I hadn't intended this before I started this post) a few thoughts

1. Is it right that in The Tavern you don't get any credit for coins collected?
2. It seems really easy just to switch in and out of the tavern to refresh the tasks, and until you find one that is "easier" to complete (with a good reward). Might it be an idea to some how limit how many times you can visit the tavern (yet not take on task)? This being reset say once you have been in Dungeon?
3. Can there be some sort of total on the reputation bar to show how many points there are to the next level?

Cheers
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP View Post
Sven

Just to add support. Been a "silent" player here since v1.0. Seen the lows (suffered the pain of losing progress, and now on hindsight, the clunky v1.0 gameplay) but relished the highs when a new version release comes our way with new and more impressive game play and ideas. Hope that you can keep it up (and that others continue to contribute new ideas which in turn give you more to work with.)

Throughly enjoying DS.

Current flavour of the day - The Tavern! Actually (and I hadn't intended this before I started this post) a few thoughts

1. Is it right that in The Tavern you don't get any credit for coins collected?
2. It seems really easy just to switch in and out of the tavern to refresh the tasks, and until you find one that is "easier" to complete (with a good reward). Might it be an idea to some how limit how many times you can visit the tavern (yet not take on task)? This being reset say once you have been in Dungeon?
3. Can there be some sort of total on the reputation bar to show how many points there are to the next level?

Cheers
Hi PDP,

I am glad you enjoy the game, and really happy you are here from the beginning throughout low's and high's (hopefully only high's from now on!)

1) One reason i didn't wanted to put too much credits for coins and exp from Tavern is to not make people abuse the system and use it mainly for raising their reputation (while still going to the main dungeons to farm exp/gold). Do you guys suggest any better idea for balancing this, without making people only using Tavern Questing?

2) Yep I agree on that, I am working on making it much more balanced from the current implementation. For example the Dragon Slaying quest is seriously abusable right now, and some quests feel too long for the rep they give!

3) Absolutely, i will try to add this as soon as possible!

Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Hi PDP,

I am glad you enjoy the game, and really happy you are here from the beginning throughout low's and high's (hopefully only high's from now on!)
I am sure it will be

Quote:
1) One reason i didn't wanted to put too much credits for coins and exp from Tavern is to not make people abuse the system and use it mainly for raising their reputation (while still going to the main dungeons to farm exp/gold). Do you guys suggest any better idea for balancing this, without making people only using Tavern Questing?
Yeh I can understand this as it would probably be one thing I would hammer until max'ed out on reputation. Then again not getting any "coin reward" really narks me.

What about some sort of scaled back value. Say a 10th value of coin per coin collected, just something small so that you are still making some progress. Another option might be awarding the coin value if you fail the task, but not if you are successful?

Quote:
2) Yep I agree on that, I am working on making it much more balanced from the current implementation. For example the Dragon Slaying quest is seriously abusable right now, and some quests feel too long for the rep they give!

3) Absolutely, i will try to add this as soon as possible!

Thanks
Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but with this last update, when I encounter the merchant for the first time, I can see what's on offer but I can't confirm to buy it. I must actually kill the merchant, continue the battling monsters, and buy from the second merchant who shows up eventually. What's the deal with the first merchant? The green "confirm" never appears for anything but "exit store"!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Don't know if this has been reported yet, but with this last update, when I encounter the merchant for the first time, I can see what's on offer but I can't confirm to buy it. I must actually kill the merchant, continue the battling monsters, and buy from the second merchant who shows up eventually. What's the deal with the first merchant? The green "confirm" never appears for anything but "exit store"!
Answered through your PM but i answer here for others to see

Quote:
Hi Diane,

Have you checked if you had enough coins to buy from the first merchant? I have not put appropriate feedback yet (i plan to do it), but you will not be able to buy from the merchant unless you have gathered enough coins inside the current dungeon run (outside money do not count).

Please check that, and let me know!

Cheers
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM
iPad 2

It would be nice if you could see how much money you have on the merchant screen. you can see it by pressing pause but that wasnt so obvious to me at first.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
It would be nice if you could see how much money you have on the merchant screen. you can see it by pressing pause but that wasnt so obvious to me at first.
It would be nice for the merchant but also for the rest of the dungeon run.

Maybe squeeze some space in the upper or lower bar ?
It's low priority but it'd be nice.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I was trying to have the interface as clean as possible, but yea i agree it would be nice to have the gold info without pausing the game. Will try to see how it could fit, and in worst case it should be in the merchant screen at least for now