Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-29-2012, 06:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Okay, after a few hours of playing, I have one concern for now. When matching swords/spells, is there a way that I can see the damage that I can do? Cause right now, I'm blindingly trying to kill the monster with as much swords/spells as I can just to not get hit anymore. Just wondering if it's really that by design, or something. Thanks!
Yea that is true, currently you cannot see how much damage you do. And the formula is quite advanced, i can tell you for example that the higher your weapon upgrade is, the more damage you will do per relevant tile (and this is just a partial example). It is quite simple to show some number float above your finger but last time i tried it, did not look so good! Can promise to look it again though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki View Post
Great game! A lot of work has gone into details and gameplay in this, and it shows. Wondering though if you're supposed to be able to chain fire and ice tiles together or not, is this intentional?
Only criticism is that there are so few coins gained and they are needed for everything, so I can't see making much progress unless I play it for weeks and weeks.
Yep, you can chain fire and ice for extra damage (because spells cannot critically hit like swords can), this is basically what the magic combo is about. It explains it in the battle help option (and also if you use the wizard class its even more important)

About the coins, it may seem a few now but that is only because you are on the first dungeon / level of diffiulty! As you go higher the dungeons the amount of gold you gain per coin increases! And i do not want to make any spoilers but there are ways later on to gain gold MUCH faster Dont forget this is an RPG too! Lots of hidden stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
No bad, but a visual representation of the monsters, as well as some graphical effects when making matches would have gone a long way towards making for a more enjoyable experience. The sound effects, too, feel like placeholders at best.

A larger concern is with regard to what room for strategy the game offers. After a half hour or so of play and having gotten my character to level 8, there really doesn't appear to be much. You face an unending chain of foes until you are overwhelmed. The board appears to randomly reshuffle after each turn - why? Surely some strategy would lie in leaving some matches for when you need them (hearts for when your life is low, attacks for building up a large strike, etc.) if only the tiles you used were replaced while the ones you choose to leave stayed put? But no. Each turn you're looking at a fresh board, leaving no potential for planning ahead. A bit of a headscratcher, unless I'm missing something.
Guys about some additional visual polishing, at some degree I will definitely do it! Think though that I am a single developer who did this and I had no help by any designer! The graphics took exactly half the dev time! But now after release I can start incrementally improving areas of the game that need it!

About the strategy there is a lot! What you just mentioned was a monster ability that changes the tile field with each turn (there are tons of them and you can see them by clicking the monster health bar during battle)! Strategy goes up he roof when you buy all additional combat items and you are deep in a dungeon and start thinking ok how i will kill this monster? Should i use an item now? Should i wait my energy to fill? Which class is better suited to my gameplay or my aims right now? Etc

And guys do not forget the game is an RPG, it is supposed to be a bit easy in the beginning to allow beginners to get used to it! And of course its not supposed to be mastered or finished in one day! The game may only cost 1 dollar but I wanted to provide a lot of contend inside! But again that is my opinion, I am happy to listen any other thoughts

Last edited by Syen; 09-29-2012 at 06:23 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

BTW, I will finish tonight and send to apple the 1.0.1 addressing minor issues and some not easily seen bug fixes, plus a new leaderboard "highest level"! As far as i know apple takes like a week to approve a new version!

Immediately after i will start work on 1.1.0 which will be bigger update incorporating various good feedback i have got! I plan to make the game as good as possible (and all future updates will be always free ofc), this was just the start guys! So thanks for the awesome support!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Wow this is pretty cool. I am glad to have another Puzzle-RPG hybrid to join Dungeon Raid & 10000000 and its a sub genre that feels great on iOS.

Universal support is great to have but will there be iCloud sync?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
Wow this is pretty cool. I am glad to have another Puzzle-RPG hybrid to join Dungeon Raid & 10000000 and its a sub genre that feels great on iOS.

Universal support is great to have but will there be iCloud sync?
Thanks!

I actually already have the code implemented for iCloud since a month ago, and I was almost ready to ship Dungeon Story with the service on, but then I discovered some "bugs" when you try sync Core Data with iCloud (especially in iOS 5, it is much improved in iOS 6). But I prefer to take as much time as needed and modify/test it properly (the last thing I want is people to lose data because of an error in the sync process)!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Great job Syen - having a lot of fun with this. This type of game is so much better when your upgrades do not reset after every game.
It seems you've put a lot of time and effort into the upgrade system - so much to upgrade which adds that 'just one more go to get the next upgrade' feel.
I think I encountered the easy way you mentioned to build up your coins. I won't spoil it for others but if you play it right you can really earn enough for a few upgrades at once
I like the game the way it is so haven't got any real suggestions yet, although I would like the ability to use numbers for the character name as well.
God job and thanks for creating such a great game.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Really liking the looks of this, Dungeon Raid was one of my favorite games, have spent way more hours on it then I'd like to admit The only thing that was a bit of a downer for me is that it could take literally hours to finish a game. How does this compare? How long does a game take on average?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2funk View Post
Great job Syen - having a lot of fun with this. This type of game is so much better when your upgrades do not reset after every game.
It seems you've put a lot of time and effort into the upgrade system - so much to upgrade which adds that 'just one more go to get the next upgrade' feel.
I think I encountered the easy way you mentioned to build up your coins. I won't spoil it for others but if you play it right you can really earn enough for a few upgrades at once
I like the game the way it is so haven't got any real suggestions yet, although I would like the ability to use numbers for the character name as well.
God job and thanks for creating such a great game.
Thanks so much! I think I know what exactly you mean Although there are quite a few additional ways later on to increase the amount of gold gained (i am not spoiling)! I will keep a close eye on this and balance things if necessary if many people think you gain gold too fast or too slow! I could potentially extend the keyboard to have numbers too, i was not sure if many people wanted that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthop View Post
Really liking the looks of this, Dungeon Raid was one of my favorite games, have spent way more hours on it then I'd like to admit The only thing that was a bit of a downer for me is that it could take literally hours to finish a game. How does this compare? How long does a game take on average?
Hmm, tbh depends! I think in general a game (in other words a dungeon run until you get defeated) lasts much less amount of time than Dungeon Raid (depends ofc how strong your hero is and a bit on luck too with what monster abilities you go against!).

In general, you do not want to stay in a dungeon too long (unless you aim for a leaderboard new record or some challenging achievement or want to fight stronger enemies for ++exp) as you want to occasionally upgrade your equipment and skills which can be done outside of the dungeon only!

Last edited by Syen; 09-29-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
No way I am turning it in a freemium!
This quote is enough to make me support the game. I love Dungeon Raid so anything even half as good is okay for me.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM

I don't knowing anyone has asked for this yet, but could it be possible in the next update (or a coming one) to include a counter that tallies up how much your current move will attack/heal/magic? Similar to how Dungeon Raid does it.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyfantis View Post
This quote is enough to make me support the game. I love Dungeon Raid so anything even half as good is okay for me.
Hahaha thanks! I am a hardcore gamer myself so I kinda hate premiums and IAPs... no way i am putting them in this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyFeathers View Post
I don't knowing anyone has asked for this yet, but could it be possible in the next update (or a coming one) to include a counter that tallies up how much your current move will attack/heal/magic? Similar to how Dungeon Raid does it.
Yes I got more requests for this! I am definitely having it my TODO list, I have right now Xcode open dev'ing the 1.0.1 minor update, so maybe I can add this to this version but i want to make sure it looks/feels right!