★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hahahahahah!!

11-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Hahahahahah!!

at new game ballzup's description haha

"stroke your bat and juggle your ballz"

Thus is probly the worst description ever hahahahaha
11-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Also funny is the price, $7 when there are about 100 other breakout type games out there. Well at least there is a lite version... oh that ones 99 cents (you suppose Apple forced them to charge for a lite version like the iphysics folks? ).
11-28-2008, 01:35 AM
I suspect a price drop will be arriving in a few days... I don't know if the devs of that game know how the App economy works... nothing above $2.99 if it isn't from a major developer sells...

Frighftully good
11-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Hiya,

I'm the developer of BallZup.

Just thought it was worth saying - if the name didn't already give it away - that the description is very tongue in cheek. Sorry if that didn't fly well with you, but you know, the game's named after slang for making a mistake, so it goes with the territory really.

Admittedly, it's probably slightly parochial, but I'm English, so there you go...

As for the price, I thought long and hard about what tier to go out on and it wasn't an easy decision in the end. It's only 50 pence more expensive than a pint of lager where I live, and tbh, that seemed like a good enough price for a few month's work. I don't honestly believe it's practical for any serious dev to charge much less and recover much in the way of cost and I really don't want to be sat fighting with a lot of 99cent bits of abandon-ware... We'll see, I may be completely wrong!

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi, as I'm a lurker on here anyway. I hope a few of you do check out the game!

Expect a lot more games from us over the next few years.

Last edited by Korruptor; 11-28-2008 at 08:19 AM.
11-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcpdrummer View Post
at new game ballzup's description haha

"stroke your bat and juggle your ballz"

Thus is probly the worst description ever hahahahaha
rofl! i don't need a game to do that.

i disagree... it's probably the best description in the appstore today. hats off to mr. dev!