Should we bring No Time To Explain to the iOS?

03-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Should we bring No Time To Explain to the iOS?

Hi everyone,

We've recently announced an indie game for PC/Mac and instantly people started asking about iOS and Xbox/PSN versions.

Definitely positive about Xbox/PSN versions because we know the market, the audience and that the game controls really well with a gamepad.

Now, onto the iOS version.

Simple question. Would YOU play it? (on the iOS)

Update 1:

Since this thread has started, we raised enough money via Kickstarter to make a mobile version of the game happen.

We're actually actively blogging about it now - http://tinybuildgames.com/about-mobile-game-design

The Mobile version is coming both to the iOS and Android with iOS being the priority platform.

Update 2:

Been over a year since this thread started. We were unable to find a good solution to code the game ourselves, and while that is in suspended state, we worked on a little game discussed in this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144650

Last edited by tinyBuild; 07-17-2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Update 2
03-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Yes (dont have any time to explain anymore)

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Me too, from the video looks really interesting and new, which is a very welcome feature.
03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Yes, looks great.
03-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Wow, that looks amazing. Definitely on the Xbox 360 please, and definitely worthy of an iPhone game too! YES YES YES!
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Wow, that looks amazing. Definitely on the Xbox 360 please, and definitely worthy of an iPhone game too! YES YES YES!
The Xbox version is in the pipeline
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah do it, just be sure to play current iOS platformers like League of Evil and Robot Wants Kitty, to get an idea of how tight the controls need to be.

I'm picturing Left/ Right buttons on the left side of the screen to walk. For the right, an analog stick to aim the beam, and tap anywhere on the screen to shoot the beam. As for jump, you could have a small jump button over the analog stick.

Basically some sort of elegant hybrid between League of Evil & Gameloft controls.

Edit: oh the beam itself works like controlled jumping. Even simpler.

Last edited by arta; 03-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Great stuff! And how long's this pipeline of yours, roughly?
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Yeah do it, just be sure to play current iOS platformers like League of Evil and Robot Wants Kitty, to get an idea of how tight the controls need to be.

I'm picturing Left/ Right buttons on the left side of the screen to walk. For the right, an analog stick to aim the beam, and tap anywhere on the screen to shoot the beam. As for jump, you could have a small jump button over the analog stick.

Basically some sort of elegant hybrid between League of Evil & Gameloft controls.

Edit: oh the beam itself works like controlled jumping. Even simpler.
LoE was SURPRISINGLY better than expected in terms of controls. It was actually precise and tight -- so we'd be looking at it during development (WHICH IS NOT CONFIRMED YET!)

Control-wise, there'd be 2 thumb sticks and a "tap screen to jump" Real simple. However it'd still work best on a gamepad with shoulder buttons.
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyBuild View Post
LoE was SURPRISINGLY better than expected in terms of controls. It was actually precise and tight -- so we'd be looking at it during development (WHICH IS NOT CONFIRMED YET!)

Control-wise, there'd be 2 thumb sticks and a "tap screen to jump" Real simple. However it'd still work best on a gamepad with shoulder buttons.
League of Evil should be studied by all iOS platformer makers. They should look to match or exceed the tightness of its controls.

Would you mind explaining the normal control scheme for say, a Dualshock or Xbox controller? Also, can you jump without the beam? I want to be sure I've wrapped my head around it before I jump ahead and make suggestions.