Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 AM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

We're trying to get nominated for Best Adventure Game in the Best App Ever awards so if you get a chance please consider voting for Forever Lost here. It only takes a second and please also share it with anyone you think might do the same
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
PointOfLight PointOfLight is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
We're trying to get nominated for Best Adventure Game in the Best App Ever awards so if you get a chance please consider voting for Forever Lost here. It only takes a second and please also share it with anyone you think might do the same
You got my vote. I have to say I'm quite unimpressed with the broadness of the category, however. Doesn't seem fair to have Forever Lost competing against the likes of Galaxy On Fire, which is a completely different type of game.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Thanks for the vote!

It does seem that the term "Adventure Game" really doesn't mean the same thing as it used to, i.e. a game in a similar style to the game "Adventure". Now it just seem to be any game where you move around.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
PointOfLight PointOfLight is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Thanks for the vote!

It does seem that the term "Adventure Game" really doesn't mean the same thing as it used to, i.e. a game in a similar style to the game "Adventure". Now it just seem to be any game where you move around.
Sadly it's been that way for quite a while. I remember being blown away by "adventure game" sites that would be headlining games like Return To Wolfenstein. It's a shame really. I do you wish you the best of luck in the competition, though.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Sadly it's been that way for quite a while. I remember being blown away by "adventure game" sites that would be headlining games like Return To Wolfenstein. It's a shame really. I do you wish you the best of luck in the competition, though.
Pretty much takes away the point of having genres in the first place if they are that broad.

Thanks! We're not really expecting to win, especially considering as you say we are up against games like GOF, but either way it will be interesting to see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
PointOfLight PointOfLight is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Pretty much takes away the point of having genres in the first place if they are that broad.

Thanks! We're not really expecting to win, especially considering as you say we are up against games like GOF, but either way it will be interesting to see what happens.
If nothing else, at least it's another way to get noticed.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
If nothing else, at least it's another way to get noticed.
That's true yea
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Forever Lost is free today! Pick it up while you can
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

We just announced Mixis, a music creation app to be released on the 10th of Jan, read more about it here - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2612439

Although not in any way, shape or fashion is it similar to Forever Lost we thought it'd be good to post about it here anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 AM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

If anyone here is on Reddit who also likes Community you may want to check this out - http://www.reddit.com/r/community/co...st_looks_like/
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent