★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-03-2012, 02:50 AM
We're trying to get nominated for Best Adventure Game in the Best App Ever awards so if you get a chance please consider voting for Forever Lost here. It only takes a second and please also share it with anyone you think might do the same

Point'n'Click Adventure Game Forever Lost on iPhone & iPad

Web - Twitter - Facebook - Blog - Newsletter - More Games
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
We're trying to get nominated for Best Adventure Game in the Best App Ever awards so if you get a chance please consider voting for Forever Lost here. It only takes a second and please also share it with anyone you think might do the same
You got my vote. I have to say I'm quite unimpressed with the broadness of the category, however. Doesn't seem fair to have Forever Lost competing against the likes of Galaxy On Fire, which is a completely different type of game.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre

12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the vote!

It does seem that the term "Adventure Game" really doesn't mean the same thing as it used to, i.e. a game in a similar style to the game "Adventure". Now it just seem to be any game where you move around.

12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the vote!

It does seem that the term "Adventure Game" really doesn't mean the same thing as it used to, i.e. a game in a similar style to the game "Adventure". Now it just seem to be any game where you move around.
Sadly it's been that way for quite a while. I remember being blown away by "adventure game" sites that would be headlining games like Return To Wolfenstein. It's a shame really. I do you wish you the best of luck in the competition, though.

Eric Pankoke
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Sadly it's been that way for quite a while. I remember being blown away by "adventure game" sites that would be headlining games like Return To Wolfenstein. It's a shame really. I do you wish you the best of luck in the competition, though.
Pretty much takes away the point of having genres in the first place if they are that broad.

Thanks! We're not really expecting to win, especially considering as you say we are up against games like GOF, but either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Pretty much takes away the point of having genres in the first place if they are that broad.

Thanks! We're not really expecting to win, especially considering as you say we are up against games like GOF, but either way it will be interesting to see what happens.
If nothing else, at least it's another way to get noticed.

Eric Pankoke
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
If nothing else, at least it's another way to get noticed.
That's true yea

12-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Forever Lost is free today! Pick it up while you can
01-03-2013, 12:09 PM
We just announced Mixis, a music creation app to be released on the 10th of Jan, read more about it here - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2612439

Although not in any way, shape or fashion is it similar to Forever Lost we thought it'd be good to post about it here anyway.

01-06-2013, 05:54 AM
If anyone here is on Reddit who also likes Community you may want to check this out - http://www.reddit.com/r/community/co...st_looks_like/