★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kingdom Rush: The Comic [Universal / FREE] by Ironhide Game Studios

10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Kingdom Rush: The Comic [Universal / FREE] by Ironhide Game Studios

Based on the iOS hit game KINGDOM RUSH, comes this epic story that lets you live the universe of Kingdom Rush in an awesome and fun experience!!!

Meet the heroes that became legend and witness the epic confrontation that will define the destiny of the Kingdom!

Feast your eyes with tons of corageous battles, clever humor, and heartbraking love!

Follow the adventures of Cathal, Emmet, Orrin and Magnus as they help save the Kingdom from the evil Vez'nan and his army!

Prepare yourself for this epic journey into the world of KINGDOM RUSH!!!

10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I loved this game. I got my sister hooked on this game as well and we played until we both got the 75 stars. I ended up getting all but 2 achievements. ALL in ALL it was just an amazing TD game and a for sure download to any who doubt it's capabilities. I can't wait to see what Ironhide brings out next time. I plan on DL the Comic to check it out. Hell why not it's free!! haha

Enjoy TA fans

Aconfusedkender
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
This is a weird, unexpected, yet awesome bit of news. But please tell me this isn't the "next" Kingdom Rush we were expecting later this year. There is a bona fide sequel, right?

Anyway, thanks, and look forward to checking this out.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
This is a weird, unexpected, yet awesome bit of news. But please tell me this isn't the "next" Kingdom Rush we were expecting later this year. There is a bona fide sequel, right?

Anyway, thanks, and look forward to checking this out.
This is NOT the sequel. There is still much to be done but we are working hard on it to release it as soon as possible...

For the meanwhile you can have fun reading the comic
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah, what the hell, I'll bite. Kingdom Rush had a startling amount of personality for something lots of people would probably dismiss as a five-minute flash game - I'm not a fan of the comedy soundbites (where the hell the dwarves are supposed to be from I have no idea ), but the rest of the voice acting was solid, plus the FX and particularly the soundtrack were excellent (god damn love the main theme and the menu music. Oh, to hear them done by a real orchestra! Or at least better synths/samples). And the art, while simple, was strong and consistent (a depressing number of developers can't get this right).

I get annoyed with tower defense games pretty easily, and I think a lot of the mockery they get these days is very much justified, but KR felt... different to most of them, somehow. I'll never collect all the stars but I still beat the main campaign and I'm happy to keep the game around to tinker with the challenges and new maps every so often. Definitely one of the better games I've played this year so sure, I'll take a free comic.