★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: As skilled members of a disease-fighting team, you must keep four deadly diseases at bay while discovering their cures. Travel the world, treat infections, and find cures.
You must work as a team to succeed. The clock is ticking as outbreaks and epidemics fuel the spreading plagues. Can you find all four cures in time? The fate of humanity is in your hands!

Pandemic: The Board Game is a family-friendly cooperative game. Simple to understand and lots of fun, Pandemic: The Board Game puts you in an apocalyptic situation where you must work as a team to save the world.

*How to play
In Pandemic: The Board Game each player has a unique role with different abilities. On a turn, players will have four actions in order to cure diseases and save the world. They can remove disease cubes from the board; fly to a city in need; trade cards with fellow players; and much more.

At the end of every players turn, new cities are infected with disease cubes and Epidemics may arise. You must fight to prevent the outbreaks before they spin out of control.

In Pandemic: The Board Game, there is only one way to win: cure all four diseases before you run out of time!

An award-wining board game and player favorite since its release in 2008, Pandemic: The Board Game is now available as a Universal iOS app.

*Features
-7 role cards with unique abilities
-Supports games for 2, 3, or 4 players, but can be played solo if you play multiple roles
-Pass-and-play multiplayer (2-4)
-Three difficulty settings make the game suitable for beginners, intermediate players, and experts
-Fully guided interactive tutorial; plus Info Mode for in-game reminders of the rules
-Full rulebook included for easy access and detailed reference at all times
-Animated interface gives clear indication of the game's progress and hotspots
-Undo system
-Adaptive soundtrack
-Complete implementation of the board game suitable for expert play
-Interface designed and tested for ease-of-use
-Supports landscape or portrait orientations (iPad only)
-Supports multitasking

*Expansions
-On the Brink expansion content available as in-app purchase
-6 new roles and 8 new events
-Play with 5 players
-Legendary difficulty setting for players with a deathwish
-2 events in player deck per player

*Comments?
We want to know what you think. Please send your feedback, ideas, and comments about the Pandemic: The Board Game app to: support@f2zdigitalmedia.com

*Find Pandemic: The Board Game on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PandemicTheBoardGame
10-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Been waiting for this. Have yet to pick up the physical edition, so I might as well add this to my growing collection of iPad board games.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

10-03-2013, 12:20 AM
You beat me to it Madame tini!

I'm so happy, I really wasn't happy with the clone implementations, so it'll be nice to have this.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
10-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
You beat me to it Madame tini!
Mm-hmm, I noticed that a thread for this app had been conspicuously absent all day, so I just stopped waiting and made it myself. :P

Quote:
I'm so happy, I really wasn't happy with the clone implementations, so it'll be nice to have this.
Oddly enough, despite being available pretty much world-wide, this app still isn't available in the NZ store. >_<

Can't hug every cat.
10-03-2013, 12:59 AM
This looks soooo slick. I need to get this. Makes Fourth Seal and that other one look like the amateur knockoffs that they are. Although to be fair to Fourth Seal, it never pretended to be anything else, nor did they ever charge anything for what they knew was a copy of someone else's work.
10-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
This looks soooo slick. I need to get this. Makes Fourth Seal and that other one look like the amateur knockoffs that they are. Although to be fair to Fourth Seal, it never pretended to be anything else, nor did they ever charge anything for what they knew was a copy of someone else's work.
Dude, this. Is. The. Best. Game. EVER.

Let's see, best tutorial ever. Amazing and very atmospheric music that, while a bit melodramatic, but it works.

There is a bit of weird lag from time to time, but that may be due to the tutorial, i haven't had the chance to play a full game.

But I will say this, board game developers of the world, this game right here is the pinnacle of perfection. The tutorial was brilliant, being able to win your first game was excellent, even if the likelihood of winning on your own might be pretty low. I felt engaged every step of the way, and love how the tutorial gives you just enough to go on, and then let's you finish the game on your own. Sure, you are guaranteed to win, but you really feel a connection. If this had online, it would be game of the bloody decade.

What amazes me about pandemic is how simple it is, but it has more depth than you realize. Building the right team and knowing how to capitalize on their actions is vital.

If you've played elder SIGN, not scrolls (I'm a moron), that's very similar to this. You can use pass and play, but it's perfect as a solo game, too.

I couldn't be happier. After seeing it on Wil wheatons tabletop show, I was dying to get my hands on it.

It's never been a better time to be a board game player.

Again, all developers (including playdek, big daddy and such) THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A TUTORIAL! Get it?

Good. No more crap. I still have no idea how to play Argricola. None.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 10-03-2013 at 01:49 AM.
10-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
If you've played elder scrolls, that's very similar to this. You can use pass and play, but it's perfect as a solo game, too.
I'm pretty sure those games aren't even remotely similar. Elder Sign, maybe?

Can't hug every cat.
10-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
I'm pretty sure those games aren't even remotely similar. Elder Sign, maybe?

Sigh.

/facepalm

Excuse me while I edit my stupidity. Thank you for cementing my stupidity. Brat.

10-03-2013, 04:55 AM
First Stardock's awesome release and now this! This is ending up to be a pretty good week after all...
10-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
I couldn't be happier. After seeing it on Wil wheatons tabletop show, I was dying to get my hands on it..
Well, his mom IS on the icon for the game...