Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 AM
iPad mini

For the controls, lose the box and just make it a virtual (invisible or not) joystick since that's basically what it is. Reduce the size of the dead zone (the box currently), and I think it will more likely feel natural.

My gun just stops firing sometimes. Do I have limited ammo, overheating, or something else?

The game has potential. The variety of playable ships is cool. The controls need some tweaking, and I can't really play until I figure out what's going on with my weapon.

Edit: Also this thread should be in the iPhone forum since its universal.

Last edited by Royce; 10-09-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the feedback. It's weird about the firing. I can hold my finger for minutes and it never stops... What device are you using? (edit: I just saw that you're on an iPad 2... it should work perfectly...that's strange) I'm guessing you mean the regular gun, the one you tap and hold to fire, right? The special one, where you double tap and hold ( on the big ship) does run out...

About the dead zone, you can adjust its size on the settings app (the sensibility settings) You can also make the stick invisible, which works fine if you use individual swipes to turn and accelerate. The box I thought would help players see how far they have to move the stick for it to have an effect... It helps if you tend not to lift your finger when you move the stick to the center or in a new direction... I could always add an option to remove it...

About the forums, I thought I should put it here since the game was designed on an iPad and works much better on the bigger screen, especially for two players (I haven't been able to try 2p on an iPhone but It would probably be too cramped). I didn't know universal games were supposed to go on the iPhone forum... sorry about that...

Anyway, I'm glad you like the game...

Last edited by makaGeorge; 10-10-2012 at 02:24 AM..
Old 10-19-2012, 12:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The update is now live. You can lower the resolution of the display on any device by 2 (disabling retina on devices that have it), 3 and 4. The pixels become progressively bigger but the game becomes smoother. This is good for older devices and the iPad3. Please, do give the game a try again if performance was a problem before...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Upcoming: iCade and GameDock support

I'm busy preparing an update to Vector Star Brawl to support both the iCade and the upcoming GameDock controllers.

I've been testing the controls on the computer thanks to Kode80's Simul80 app and although you lose the analog nature of the controls, it works really well.

Playing a 2 player game with real joysticks is great, although I plan to allow two player games on the iCade too. The second player will have to use buttons for turning and space might get a bit cramped, but I'm guessing it should work fine...

I plan to submit it early next week...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The update is available. iCade controls work really well and 2 player games on iCade are not only possible, but really fun. Also, support for GameDock means you can also play the game on an external display...
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

ok. Last update unless I find any serious bugs:

- Added a fixed joystick option. It's still analog, but can be used by just pressing on the arrows. change it's size by changing the sensibility setting in the settings app (bigger sensibility equals smaller center box)

- Changed collision detection for bullets from hit on their center point to the whole square. Also bullets now correclty change size when zooming in and out. This should fix the perceived problem where bullets seemed to pass through enemies.

- Changed starting position in Challenge mode so it's easier not to crash into the planet.

- Added a couple of bonus ships taken from the Aliens. The get unlocked by trying all the other ships and getting the planet defender achievement.

- Fixed some small bugs and tweaked the Challenge mode a bit (planet now has more mass).

Thanks to everyone that sent feedback and helped make this game better. I'm now going to stop updating this game, at least for a while, while I start a new game...
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Does this work with the joypad app?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Nope. But it seems simple enough. I think I can add it without problems...