★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pilot's Path - (by Happymagenta) - Universal App - $3.99 -> 99

10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Pilot's Path - (by Happymagenta) - Universal App - $3.99 -> 99

I am not the dev, just passing the info.

Main Thread here @ touchArcade with devs being present.

Played it for three hours (without buying any IAPs for real money) and I am enjoying it. Calm game, no combats. Be precise on landing, controlling, fuel and altitude. Lots of puzzle elements (searching things and persons in an open world). Set markers in the map and you'll find easily new discovered "hunting grounds". Very well balanced difficulty. Nice background story.

Recommended! Sophisticated and technically interesting controls & output with more than one iOS device (optional; easy setup, works rock solid here with iPhone 4+5 and iPad 3+4, all iOS 6.0.1), HDMI/AirPlay/Apple TV.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-18-2012 at 03:05 PM.
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Great game. Played it through in one night, but with randomized levels I suppose the replay will be decent. I do think it could use more content (seems at least one more area is planned), but it's a great buy at a buck, and IAP seems to me to be a complete non-factor. I played through and fully upgraded my choppers quite easily and quickly with no IAP.

10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Can't get a feel of the gameplay from the video. So you don't shoot at all? What do you do, just fly and land? The mechanic does look very sexy though as they say in the video. So that is good.
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can't get a feel of the gameplay from the video. So you don't shoot at all? What do you do, just fly and land? The mechanic does look very sexy though as they say in the video. So that is good.
You fly around, pick up objects (some for quests, some just for money), deliver them to base, explore to uncover new islands, upgrade various aspects of your chopper, and well that's basically it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I downloaded it, but I got totally sucked in. It's somehow very addictive, and the cute mechanic certainty doesn't hurt
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I already bought this for 99 cents and completely forgot that it cost more at release. It wasn't even intentional; I was just waiting to find out if the save backups could be transferred using iExplorer.
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I already bought this for 99 cents and completely forgot that it cost more at release. It wasn't even intentional; I was just waiting to find out if the save backups could be transferred using iExplorer.
It never cost more, this is just a release sale.

For the quality and quantity of what's on offer, $.99 is a great deal. If you like what you see from the trailers, gameplay videos and screenshots, this is a solid recommendation from me. The developers have been quite active in the main game thread too which, for me, is a huge bonus.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Does it run well on an iPod Touch 4G?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Habakuk, thanks for posting it, I didn't knew about this forum section. P.S. I spend 3 days in Vienna this August, living in the DO&CO in the city center. I find it a very beautify and nice city, although a little bit crowded by tourists. In the city park, when I was reading my iPad, I was asked by a few guys if this device is iPad and if they can install USB thumb drive into it. Showed the game demo to them then and told them I'm a developer :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Great game. Played it through in one night, but with randomized levels I suppose the replay will be decent.
Thanks =)

Quote:
I do think it could use more content (seems at least one more area is planned),
The current game roadmap is as follows:

1) bugfix release in about a few weeks - includes also a bit more random island placement, possibly includes x2 mode zoom on new iPad

2) at least one new location with a new story, and more nice stuff in the first two

Second, however, will take more time to be released - it takes quite a time to draw all the new gfx, althouh in november a new staff gfx artist joins our small team.

Closer to the new location completion we will need beta testers - so, come from time to time to the upcoming games section here on TA forums - we will announce it there.

Quote:
but it's a great buy at a buck, and IAP seems to me to be a complete non-factor. I played through and fully upgraded my choppers quite easily and quickly with no IAP.
Yes, that's it - we didn't have an intention to force IAP in any way.
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Yes. You'll have to restart your device after downloading though.
I think I had one crash ( about 3 hours of playtime in ). When I went back in it started me exactly where it crashed from.
This game gets a huge recommendation from me.
Reminds me a little of the old EA chopper games, minus the combat, with more exploration. Maybe a little bit of chop lifter. And oddly, just a touch of toe jam and earl. Not sure why. Mostly the exploration element of it, I guess.
Anyway, great game.
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
If there are too much apps in the background it may need a hard iOS reboot before playing to avoid craches.

To our shame we tested it agains our office iPod touch 4g that was only intended for testing and didn't run any other apps except the game.

In the upcoming bug fix update we are adding module that will be freeing the neccessary memory automatically, so no more crashes and no reboots needed.