★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
#41
There seems to be a curious lack of feedback on this game considering all the anticipation pre-release. What's the word on this? Yay or nay?
11-12-2012, 01:30 AM
#42
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,385
There's another thread in the iPhone forums which will probably give you the impressions you're after.
11-12-2012, 01:40 AM
#43
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
There's another thread in the iPhone forums which will probably give you the impressions you're after.
I am a little confused, this thread shows the first post showing an ipad only game, but this game is not labelled hd.

Are there two versions one for ipad and one for iphone? And if so, is the ipad version a lot better than the iphone version?
11-12-2012, 02:07 AM
#44
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I am a little confused, this thread shows the first post showing an ipad only game, but this game is not labelled hd.

Are there two versions one for ipad and one for iphone? And if so, is the ipad version a lot better than the iphone version?
Just the one universal with the proper release as far as I can tell Connector.
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
#45
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Just the one universal with the proper release as far as I can tell Connector.
Yeah, you are right. I just got confused by a couple of posts saying it was ipad only, but it does look like there is just one universal build and no hd build. Usually those games don't have threads in the ipad section, so that caused me more confusion as well, but thanks.
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
#46
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,904
Personally, while decent looking, I find the game to lack any compelling component to make me want to keep playing it. The A.I. Is okay if predictable, the story is familiar, overdone, and under presented, the controls feel serviceable but unrefined (particularly touch). It s by no means a bad game, it just feels like a game that was either rushed, not planned out thoroughly for much more than a very rudimentary hack N slash experience, or what have you. The game just feels undercooked to me, and the lack of any compelling upgrades beyond special powers feels like there is little motivation to grind when most of the powers as is will service well enough with some proper tactical positioning and a rudimentary grasp of the combat mechanics.


In short, the game feels like a missd opportunity of sorts, especially when there are so many better examples in the genre out there. I don't regret buying the game as some on the other forum seem to profess, but I can't say I am enthusiastic about it either.