★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blood Roofs - by Gamesmold (Universal) : $0.99 -> FREE

10-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Blood Roofs - by Gamesmold (Universal) : $0.99 -> FREE

10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Heard good things about it. Can't wait to try!

10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah...this shouldn't surprise anyone. Its problems were evident when it was still in development, and it didn't look any better upon release.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
The tilt aspect and weird camera angle kept me away from this one. For free I'll try it out though
10-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Some folks really like it, but I think it's a mess with potential.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Some folks really like it, but I think it's a mess with potential.
I definitely think you're at least half right.

Actually, now that I've tried it, I can go back to the original thread and make a mental note to take the opinions of anybody who recommended this, with a grain of salt in the future. Quite useful.
10-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I definitely think you're at least half right.

Actually, now that I've tried it, I can go back to the original thread and make a mental note to take the opinions of anybody who recommended this, with a grain of salt in the future. Quite useful.
You either seem to love it or you just don't...and if you don't, you probably wonder why people like me love it

Then again, I bought Battleheart or Braveheart (I forget the name now, the acclaimed pseudo rpg in which you dragged party member onto monster to attack) and deleted it in less than half an hour...to each their own.

Last edited by Greyskull; 10-02-2012 at 09:05 AM.
10-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
You either seem to live it or you just don't...and if you don't, you probably wonder why people like me love it ;
I definately fall in this camp. Awesome game -- to me. It's got some quirks, but most of the camera issues are no longer present and even prior to fixes, it worked fine once you got used to it.

Great runner/flyer that once you get used to the gameplay it just gets more and more incredible with bosses, train crashes .... basically a demonic action movie chase scene.

But to each their own....

It's free so give it a shot. And, honestly, I think it takes multiple plays to get used to it and then, perhaps, you'll be as addicted as I have been to the game.
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
I really want to like this but the camera angles just plain ruin the game IMO. All you can see is the main characters back. Kinda hard to make precise jumps when you can't see where you are going clearly. Why not just raise the camera a bit? At least give us the option to adjust the camera height ourselves.

I can live with the weird shifting gameplay camera angles, but the low, directly behind the guy player cam, is as close to a deal breaker as you can get.

Ok for free but I would have really been disappointed had I paid $3 for this in it's current form...

Last edited by Snooptalian; 10-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I definately fall in this camp. Awesome game -- to me. It's got some quirks, but most of the camera issues are no longer present and even prior to fixes, it worked fine once you got used to it.

Great runner/flyer that once you get used to the gameplay it just gets more and more incredible with bosses, train crashes .... basically a demonic action movie chase scene.

But to each their own....

It's free so give it a shot. And, honestly, I think it takes multiple plays to get used to it and then, perhaps, you'll be as addicted as I have been to the game.
Yeah... This.

I was one of those who complained about the camera angle when i played it and after a few games i got more accustomed to it. After a few more runs it came natural to me and the view never bothered me once. The update that zooms the game out a little while in the air was definitely an improvement that makes calculating your landing easier than before.

Right now, i only have 3 titles in mind that can be my candidates for GotW and these are Bastion, TWEWY and Blood Roofs. Horn and Lili are close, but i need more playtime with them before i could make a decision.

So with that said, i highly recommend this game. For me, this looked pretty mediocre when i first started mostly because of the camera angle, but it quickly turned into one of the best experiences ive had in iOS gaming.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword