★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2K
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1266.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3.5
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: ***We are aware of the issues being caused by iOS 7 with this game and are actively looking into solutions.***

Enter the New Dynasty with NBA 2K13, the latest installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise 12 years running. Built on the critically acclaimed NBA 2K engine, NBA 2K13 for iOS features improved graphics and intuitive One-Finger controls to give you the ultimate NBA experience while on the go. For the first time, players can now challenge their friends in multiplayer mode via Game Center or Bluetooth. NBA 2K13 also lets you relive some of the most memorable performances in NBA history, including Kobe Bryants 81-point performance in 2006.
Executive produced by multi-platinum recording artist JAY Z, who personally curated this years soundtrack.
Features:
- Multiplayer: Take the court against your friends via Game Center and Bluetooth.
- Intuitive Controls: Choose between classic control and One-Finger control, built specifically for iOS devices.
- Improved graphics and animations.
- NBAs Greatest Games: Relive some of the best performances in NBA history, including Kobe Bryants 81-point performance in 2006.
- A JAY Z Production: Featuring a soundtrack personally curated by multi-platinum recording artist JAY Z.
- Multiseason Mode: Play through multiple NBA seasons and establish your team as a dynasty.
- TV-style presentation, including full commentary from Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg.
- Updated Rosters - All transactions from the 2011-2012 season have been incorporated, meaning you will be playing with current teams and ratings.

Visit http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/ for more great games

iANiMeX's comments:

10-02-2012, 08:32 PM
It's actually out worldwide

GC- banger1103

10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
It's actually out worldwide
Thanks for the heads up. Title updated.

Admin/Reviewer on Pinoy PSVita
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
3DS Friend Code: 4253-4779-2311 (PM me if you add me so I can add you back. Thanks)
10-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Instabuy
10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Instabuy
Indeed.
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Ehh, no iPhone 5 resolution support.. Pass
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Game Impressions

Quick impressions (after 1 game)

PROS
- graphic is improved, including better player faces and models
- very fluid on a 4S, great framerate, noticeably better than last year
- better collision detection, better blocking system, and CPU actually misses shots if you are defending the shot
- nice presentation overall
- you now have 5 difficulty levels that seem to actually work. I don't know if the "away game glitch" from last year has been fixed though.
- play-by-play is still a hit and miss and very basic, but I guess it does the job.

CONS
- you still can't call plays, controls are pretty much the same as last year
- still no alternate jerseys
- still no trade logic in season mode
- Some courts are old, including Oklahoma and The Nets. While the Heat court is wrong (how could they miss this, really..). They did update the warriors court though and it looks great

Season is now multiseason mode but I don't see the value in it if there is no trade logic or contract management. Also I'm not sure there is a draft at the end of season one, I still have to try.

There is also a greatest games mode that allows you to use some historic teams. There are 4 available, and more "coming soon". It seems very nice.

Overall it seems improved from last year and the gameplay is really nice for a mobile game. But they didn't add any depth to the season mode, which is kind of disappointing. I would say that it plays and looks better, but the overall experience is pretty much the same

Last edited by And_75; 10-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Think I'll wait for more impressions since this game is so big and so expensive.
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Wasn't expecting his to come out tonight but sweet! Looks like ill have to clear up some space but I'm sure it'll be we'll worth it. Thanks for the impressions so far too!
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
What the hell did they do to Jeremy Lin? SMH