Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2012, 12:13 AM

I was concerned about how this would run on anything below a 4S or an ipad 2, but I just finished a full game on my ipod 4G 32gb. It looks fabulous and the gameplay is very smooth. I can only imagine how nice this would have been on the PS VITA. Commentary, graphics and gameplay are all improved, over 2K12. I do notice some missing features such as coaches, players on the bench, mascots and cheerleaders. These features are probably exclusive to the 4S and above. My guess is that maybe they were intentionally made exclusive to help it run better on 3rd and 4th gen devices. That's cool though because it looks and plays so well, it really doesn't matter. I'm upgrading my ipod soon anyway.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 AM

Seems to be a good game but sadly no iPhone 5 resolution :-(
Old 10-03-2012, 05:38 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Think I'll wait for more impressions since this game is so big and so expensive.
its 7$ for fine game and you say expensive? means you dont own ps3/xbox?

its already cheap but saying this game
is expensive is kinda shit
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by And_75 View Post
Quick impressions (after 1 game)

PROS
- graphic is improved, including better player faces and models
- very fluid on a 4S, great framerate, noticeably better than last year
- better collision detection, better blocking system, and CPU actually misses shots if you are defending the shot
- nice presentation overall
- you now have 5 difficulty levels that seem to actually work. I don't know if the "away game glitch" from last year has been fixed though.
- play-by-play is still a hit and miss and very basic, but I guess it does the job.

CONS
- you still can't call plays, controls are pretty much the same as last year
- still no alternate jerseys
- still no trade logic in season mode
- Some courts are old, including Oklahoma and The Nets. While the Heat court is wrong (how could they miss this, really..). They did update the warriors court though and it looks great

Season is now multiseason mode but I don't see the value in it if there is no trade logic or contract management. Also I'm not sure there is a draft at the end of season one, I still have to try.

There is also a greatest games mode that allows you to use some historic teams. There are 4 available, and more "coming soon". It seems very nice.

Overall it seems improved from last year and the gameplay is really nice for a mobile game. But they didn't add any depth to the season mode, which is kind of disappointing. I would say that it plays and looks better, but the overall experience is pretty much the same
Great breakdown. Thanks man
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Jay z soundtrack. SOLD!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikichi View Post
its 7$ for fine game and you say expensive? means you dont own ps3/xbox?

its already cheap but saying this game
is expensive is kinda shit
Problem is that the game is 7x more than the average iOS game. Would you pay $350 for an Xbox game? Not to mention it will probably be .99 in a few months anyway, because iOS.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Quick impressions (after 1 game)

PROS
- graphic is improved, including better player faces and models
- very fluid on a 4S, great framerate, noticeably better than last year
- better collision detection, better blocking system, and CPU actually misses shots if you are defending the shot
- nice presentation overall
- you now have 5 difficulty levels that seem to actually work. I don't know if the "away game glitch" from last year has been fixed though.
- play-by-play is still a hit and miss and very basic, but I guess it does the job.

CONS
- you still can't call plays, controls are pretty much the same as last year
- still no alternate jerseys
- still no trade logic in season mode
- Some courts are old, including Oklahoma and The Nets. While the Heat court is wrong (how could they miss this, really..). They did update the warriors court though and it looks great

Season is now multiseason mode but I don't see the value in it if there is no trade logic or contract management. Also I'm not sure there is a draft at the end of season one, I still have to try.

There is also a greatest games mode that allows you to use some historic teams. There are 4 available, and more "coming soon". It seems very nice.

Overall it seems improved from last year and the gameplay is really nice for a mobile game. But they didn't add any depth to the season mode, which is kind of disappointing. I would say that it plays and looks better, but the overall experience is pretty much the same
A few other CONS:

- no support for multitasking: start a game, switch to another app, half of the times the game resets when you go back to it. This is a major problem for me

- simulation engine is broken: Kevin Durant won the MVP award but he average 15 turnovers per game (LOL)? Top assist man averaged 0.8 assist per game, while the leader for steals per game avg 13 per game? completely broken...

- some players retire at the end of season, but there is no draft. Also teams seem to trade during season with no logic at all. The Lakers traded D. Howard and Steve Nash and got a bunch of unknown players. There is no transfer section so you don't know what's going on, but if you check team rosters in season 2 they are all messed up

Overall, while still fun to play, this is a very lazy update from 2k and absolutely not worthy the 7.99 price tag (if you own NBA 2K12).

disappointing
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

How's the impression on the iPad version...does it run smoothly? I decided to get 2K13 on my Android tab instead, and I am ruing my choice. Freaking low framerate. The crowd looks 2D. The cheerleaders and crowd movement (like clapping hands) is so fake.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
A few other CONS:

- no support for multitasking: start a game, switch to another app, half of the times the game resets when you go back to it. This is a major problem for me

- simulation engine is broken: Kevin Durant won the MVP award but he average 15 turnovers per game (LOL)? Top assist man averaged 0.8 assist per game, while the leader for steals per game avg 13 per game? completely broken...

- some players retire at the end of season, but there is no draft. Also teams seem to trade during season with no logic at all. The Lakers traded D. Howard and Steve Nash and got a bunch of unknown players. There is no transfer section so you don't know what's going on, but if you check team rosters in season 2 they are all messed up

Overall, while still fun to play, this is a very lazy update from 2k and absolutely not worthy the 7.99 price tag (if you own NBA 2K12).

disappointing
Come on now, are you kidding! These are all minor, fixable issues. I get what you're saying, but I think some people are forgetting the fact that you're playing a game as fabulous as this on a hand held system. Not only that but a system which is just starting to gain serious respect, in the gaming community. This kills the PSP and PS2 versions hands down. Also, this is closer to it's console counterpart than FIFA 13 is to it's.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato g View Post
Also, this is closer to it's console counterpart than FIFA 13 is to it's.
Maybe that's because football is much, much more harder to emulate on a touchscreen device than basketball? Football includes greater skill options, variables players. NBA is simpler in that respect.

But yeah, the 2k13 resembles a proper console title, at least more than Fifa 13.