★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Archibald's Adventures (Universal) $3.99 -> $1.99

10-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Archibald's Adventures (Universal) $3.99 -> $1.99

NOTE: Gotta say, I'm a little shocked that this sale hasn't been posted about yet. Archibald's Adventures is by far one of the best platformers on iOS with a ton of content and flawless controls...and yeah, it hardly ever goes on sale. Do not miss out on this. Seriously.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 10-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
10-02-2012, 11:30 PM
One of my favorite games ever. Ever.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.

10-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Ok, off to download the lite version since you all recommend it highly. Never thought I would like platform games because of the controls until Mikey Shorts, then Wimp won me over. Let's go see how that lite version is.

Last edited by Connector; 10-02-2012 at 11:44 PM.
10-03-2012, 02:33 AM
The Game hasn`t seen any Update in the last two Years. Shows truelly how much the Developer is carrying about his Games or is listening to the Feedback of his Community when there are literally dozen of Bugs get reported over the last two Years on his own Forum.

Sorry to say that but that`s not how it is done and I don`t see why I should support someone that doesn`t give a damn about if his Products get fixed or not and instead just keeps moving on to the next Game.
10-03-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't remember any bugs from when I played...

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
10-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Fun game, reminds me of Wimp in that it is a puzzle platformer which are kind of rare. The controls work very well and are moveable, which is cool, and the gameplay fun and puzzling.

The only thing that does concern me a little is the pricing history. I can not quite fathom why they released at $8, and why every couple of months, arbitrarily change the price. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. Look at the price history below:

http://appshopper.com/games/archibalds-adventures

Strange right? And it almost makes you feel that this game will be 99 cents come Thanksgiving or Christmas.

For 99 cents, this game is a steal though. It is still probably a good deal at $1.99 too, but I hate getting into the early adopter blues type situation, so this whole price history thing has me baffled a little. Not to sound cheap or anything, I know it's just a buck, but looking at the pricing history just made me a little dizzy.

The game though is solid, guess I'll play the lite some more to see if I really want it. Weird was all ready to buy it for $1.99 until I saw the wacky pricing history. I would never pay $8 for this game though, but maybe some people would. But I kind of had a bad day today, so maybe I will change my mind tomorrow. Who knows.
10-03-2012, 07:37 AM
This is a brilliant platformer. One of the best games in the genre I have ever played actually. I remember playing the lite version (it was 2010 I think) and after finishing it I immediately bought the full game for 4 bucks without hesitating for a second. Fantastic mix of platformer and a puzzle game. And now, on sale, for two bucks you get 191 levels so very good value IMHO. Game looks great and has a very good, moody soundtrack (you can actually go to the devs website and download the soundtrack for free). Controls work great, but you have to get used to the specific balloon controls. The balloon behavesÖ well, like a balloon. Quite tricky, but totally controllable.

I totally agree with everything Sanuku said. It would be great to see this game updated. Two years is a long time in iOS universe. I havenít encountered any game breaking bugs but the usual price of this game is 4 bucks, so they should update it more frequently and keep the level of quality of their product as high as possible.

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
This is so awesome, but I removed it after getting stuck. It's really hard btw, not that it's a deal breaker tho, the first levels are very enjoyable

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Ah, heck with it, I liked the lite version, played through 15 levels and it is fun. I'm sure the game will be 99 cents by xmas time, but even if it is, I don't mind cause it is a fun game. Man, got some really good platformers nowadays with this game, Mikey shorts, wimp, fancy pants,and max and the marker.

I used to hate platformers, now I am a convert! Platformers can work on ios! Now I wish Legion of Evil series would update to moveable controls. I like their games,but the controls are too far apart for me on my ipad.

But this game is fun, like how it is a puzzling platformer like wimp, they make you think!

Last edited by Connector; 10-03-2012 at 11:41 PM.
10-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I'm sure the game will be 99 cents by xmas time...
Dude, what makes you think that? Prior to this, the game hadn't been on sale in well over a year.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"