Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Play that level without listening to music
Haha, finally won it though, after a dozen of retries or so! That control locking bug should be rectified quickly though.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Okay, that last level is just plain unbeatable. Anyone?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJoashFoo View Post
Okay, that last level is just plain unbeatable. Anyone?
You mean the epilogue, where the guy has a tank and you have... nothing? You can do it, you just need to... •••Spoiler:  explore the map a bit, and you will soon discover that in the mansion with the big A's (Apex Design logo) there is a helicopter. If you get in the helicopter, begin flying and you will notice the tank follows you. Find a tall building, land on top, get off the heli and wait for the tank to blow a few rockets at you. Since you are high, they won't hurt you but they will affect the tank hull, making the guy get down of the tank and try to catch you on foot. If you're lucky, he won't die with the tank explosion and you can kill him with grenades thrown carefully to where he is.

Another option is to jump down from the roof, steal his tank and throw a few rockets at him. The problem with this is that the heli will stay at the rooftop and you won't be able to get back into it. I've only used this method once as a kamikaze attemp to kill him because I had only 25 seconds left to complete the mission and I had killed him 4 out of the 5 times needed. Luckily for me, it worked. I don't think I'd be able to do it again easily though
Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJoashFoo View Post
Haha, finally won it though, after a dozen of retries or so! That control locking bug should be rectified quickly though.
Fully agree. The dev submitted an update fixing some control bugs (not live yet), so maybe those were addressed too...
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I wish that you gave the option of continuing for more than $2m, because when the multiplier is at x5 or x6, you get there very fast
Good idea, I'll look into adding this in the 2nd update.

Quote:
Did anyone notice yet that the steering locks in between songs? (ie transitioning from one song to another) it's quite annoying especially in the rocket car race where a wrong move leads to an explosion.
I've looked into this a bit and it seems to only happen on slower devices and it seems to be due to an OS issue. I'll try and work around it in the 2nd update though.

Quote:
In payback 1 can you turn off that gyroscope thing my screen just spins gives me a headache and is it in 2?
Payback 2 supports non-tilt steering if you prefer that.

James.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
iPhone 4S

Default Idea

I don't know If anyone has said this before but I think that if there were houses you could go in to and if there was a mode where could defend those houses with more than once swag for certain time would be cool. Just a idea.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

The update is live now. The alternative touch controls are just amazing, thanks James
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 AM
iPhone 4S

We need more multiplayer games on this. It's so fun with ai just imagine with real ppl!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmart View Post
We need more multiplayer games on this. It's so fun with ai just imagine with real ppl!
Fully agree. Every time I try to join nobody's playing. I really enjoy playing with the AI, but I want to get all the achievements and it's just impossible...
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Default Payback˛ Free Released

Hi everyone,

Just a quick announcement to let you all know we've released a free version of the game, which you can get here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/payback2-free/id570426586?ls=1&mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Fully agree. Every time I try to join nobody's playing. I really enjoy playing with the AI, but I want to get all the achievements and it's just impossible...
We've enabled matchmaking between the free version and the other versions so you should be able to find someone to play against soon.

James.