Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM
pbaker pbaker is offline
Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
anyone tried? is it any good? rotating = tilting?
The rotation of the vehicle is linked to the gas and brake buttons. We tried linking it to tilting of the device as well, but felt it didn't work as well, especially when playing while in a moving car/bus or reclining on the couch
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Thrak360 Thrak360 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaker View Post
The rotation of the vehicle is linked to the gas and brake buttons. We tried linking it to tilting of the device as well, but felt it didn't work as well, especially when playing while in a moving car/bus or reclining on the couch
Does that mean while vehicle is in the air, gas and brake act as buttons to rotate CW and CCW? I'm glad it's not a game that requires tilt-to-rotate game, I always find that bothersome.

Anyway, game looks pretty solid!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
pbaker pbaker is offline
Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak360 View Post
Does that mean while vehicle is in the air, gas and brake act as buttons to rotate CW and CCW? I'm glad it's not a game that requires tilt-to-rotate game, I always find that bothersome.

Anyway, game looks pretty solid!
Yep. Thanks!
We made "New & Noteworthy" in most countries.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id539777182

Last edited by pbaker; 10-06-2012 at 01:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Hero211 Hero211 is offline
Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 81
Default

Please add retina display for iPad 3
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 AM
pbaker pbaker is offline
Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero211 View Post
Please add retina display for iPad 3
Yeah, we are considering it. It definitely looks better on iPad Retina but some of the UI textures would be smoother at twice the res.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Janni Janni is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 284
Default

ok, i'm a sucker for 2D-racers (lunar racer, madskillz stuff, snuggle truck, etc.) so i took a bite and after playing a plenty of levels, i have to say that i'm not too impressed...

main skill seems to be finding the correct ramp angle for performing the given stunts (which is pretty much trial and error and/or upgrading your vehicle)... which isn't as much fun than it looks

speaking of upgrades: they are not persistent (you can buy 10 times packages), bounded together with a "corresponding" currency/IAP system, and of course some 3 stars can only achived with buying these vehicles/upgrades...

and well ok, we are talking about a 3$ app... so decide for yourself ;)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 AM
pbaker pbaker is offline
Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
ok, i'm a sucker for 2D-racers (lunar racer, madskillz stuff, snuggle truck, etc.) so i took a bite and after playing a plenty of levels, i have to say that i'm not too impressed...

main skill seems to be finding the correct ramp angle for performing the given stunts (which is pretty much trial and error and/or upgrading your vehicle)... which isn't as much fun than it looks

speaking of upgrades: they are not persistent (you can buy 10 times packages), bounded together with a "corresponding" currency/IAP system, and of course some 3 stars can only achived with buying these vehicles/upgrades...

and well ok, we are talking about a 3$ app... so decide for yourself
Thanks for checking it out.
We were aiming at making more of a puzzle game rather than a racer.
You should be able to get through the first two chapters without using any addons other than the ones gifted in some levels. Some levels are pretty tough though
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Hero211 Hero211 is offline
Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 81
Default

When aren't u guys supporting the retina display on the iPad 3 whats the problem? The game dont look its best on iPad 3 update ASAP dev!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
pbaker pbaker is offline
Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero211 View Post
When aren't u guys supporting the retina display on the iPad 3 whats the problem? The game dont look its best on iPad 3 update ASAP dev!
The main problem is time I'm the only programmer on the team and we have two part time artists. Because the camera zooms in and out a bit, most assets already look better on the iPad 3 in most case. For the others, I'd have to implement a way to load in specific textures for the iPad 3 and not for any other device (as other devices will struggle memory/performance wise). Making the game look and run awesome on all iOS 5 compatible devices is one of our highest priorities moving forward.
Thanks for the feedback
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Snooptalian Snooptalian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,562
Default

Are there any plans to have this support the iPhone 5's wider screen?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent