★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space Hike. A game you can write too

06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Space Hike. A game you can write too

I've just got word that the other game we submitted to the App Store this week has been approved.

Space Hike

Space Hike is a very simple Open GL ES game, in the style of the old 8 bit 'Star Trek' games. It's a free game and incredibly basic, but the kick is that I teach you how to write it from scratch in the upcoming book "iPhone Games Projects" by PJ Cabrera, published by Apress.

iPhone Games Projects

So you can have a quick blast, rid the galaxy of the evil Mingons and then use it as a basis for your own iPhone mega game. (I used the same process as a starting point for our Warpack: Grunts game).
06-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
I've just got word that the other game we submitted to the App Store this week has been approved.

Space Hike

Space Hike is a very simple Open GL ES game, in the style of the old 8 bit 'Star Trek' games. It's a free game and incredibly basic, but the kick is that I teach you how to write it from scratch in the upcoming book "iPhone Games Projects" by PJ Cabrera, published by Apress.

iPhone Games Projects

So you can have a quick blast, rid the galaxy of the evil Mingons and then use it as a basis for your own iPhone mega game. (I used the same process as a starting point for our Warpack: Grunts game).
WHOA, By FreeVerse? Didn't know that! Looks interesting....

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I am already in line to buy your book =] I have been studying from the other Apress books from the series (new to developing) so this is perfect! Thanks a million.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
06-14-2009, 03:45 PM
nice! looks interesting! il check it out.

btw, my sister is a fishing fanatic and she claims your Flick Fishing game gives the exact same rush as if she is out fishing for real. and she hates playing games in general. finally got her to play a game heh. thanks!