Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Default Game Impressions

Yes you are right, the game looks pretty basic TD in the first place, that's definitely where we are going to improve in next releases.
However we do have a lot inside design to make it "THE MOST CHALLENGE" TD game:
1. Most of the creeps have armors, so some tower would be useless to them.
2. We have special creeps as long as special towers, the creeps can have different halos which make the location of towers quite important.
3. For some stages, I spent dozens of hours to get through it, and for several ones, only our designer knows how to pass it
4. Try the hell mode, I believe you will like it if you have played a lot TD

Thanks a lot for the try, we do hope to hear more from you guys. It's important for us.

-zy from d19

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzb View Post
I don't know, I can't seem to .. like this game as much as I thought I would. The game looks nice, but it's somewhat slow? I think it's just because I play too much TD games, this is pretty much basic TD game with same upgrades/towers ideas you'd see in other TD games except this one is more difficult, more challenging because the enemies are stronger from the first run, you start with 5k to spend on towers which is cool because the enemies are hard and you get to add more and upgrade more first.

I honestly don't think I would spend a buck on this game, just my opinion. It's pretty much like GeoDefense, just bit harder. Thanks for the code though, I appreciate it!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Thanks for E9EX4WR6TTRF.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM

I'd rather see innovation than the same old gameplay, only harder.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Default How to play this game

Thanks for your video. I'm very appreciated for that.
I'd like to tell you that your strategy is not the best and you could improve that by some ways. I'd like to share a screenshot of one 3-star solution for level 2 in normal mode.
IMG_3196.jpg
IMG_3197.PNG
You might ask why this is a good solution. There are some important tricks which would be very likely be ignored for any novice, especially the uses of special towers.
special towers.png
Here are some detailed explanations:
$300: Energy Sword Tower:
This type of tower can greatly increase the attack force of all towers nearby. Its valid range becomes larger when upgrading. You'd better build it when you have more than three towers built together.
$150: Electric Stun Tower:
It can slow down the monsters. If you play TD game a lot, you must know how important it shall be. The monsters with green color moves very fast. Kill them without Electric Stun Tower? No way...
$200: Armor Pulse Tower:
Some monsters have armor protection. This type of tower can destroy the armor protection of them, to make it faster to kill any monster. My style is building it close to the Electric Stun Tower. This is a very effective combination.
Try to make full use of these 3 towers, and you will find it easier to play this game better. But it's not all the story. Choose the right place, choose the right combination of towers, and beat them!
Trust me, this is absolutely not a simple game as you might think. There are lots of strategies and tricks worth your time.

Cheers,
D19Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Thanks for E9EX4WR6TTRF.

Last edited by D19Studio; 10-04-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Default How to achieve 3 stars in Beginning level of MatrixDefender

I see some people complaining it's impossible to achieve 3 stars in MD even for the first level, I'd like to share some experience playing this TD, also I want to show how I understand the towers in MD:
1. As I understand, all the towers can be divided into 3 kinds: single attack, AOE and special towers. The special towers are quite important for almost every level, and as for when to choose single attack or AOE towers, it really depends on the level and monster. In Beginning level, I'd like to use both of them.
2. There's one kind of monster which can disable one of your tower, be careful with that. I will build some small towers for them to disable.
3. Stun tower is quite important, the challenge always comes from monsters moving too fast.
4. We need to build Armor Pulse Tower to deal with monster's armor, otherwise the monsters will be too strong for to kill.
5. Like most TDs, Energy Sword Tower is always useful, which can increase the attack of towers around it.
6. The path is quite long in Beginning level, take advantage of it is quite important if you want to achieve 3 stars.

This is the screenshot of my play, I hide some details of what towers I built. You can make your own strategy and get most fun from it.
Enjoy it! Again, I want to say it's really the most challenge TD ever in the world
IMG_0067.png

Last edited by zyzyandzyzy; 10-04-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Hell mode has a different playing style. But the basic strategy is the same.
We will release more promo codes tomorrow
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Good tips!

Thanks for your tips. Now I'm playing better. It's true that special towers are very important and should be built in the combination of other towers.
Besides, I think it's very effective to build AOE towers in the beginning of the path for mass destruction, and build single attack towers in the end of the path for the remaining monsters. That's what I learn from your screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzyandzyzy View Post
I see some people complaining it's impossible to achieve 3 stars in MD even for the first level, I'd like to share some experience playing this TD, also I want to show how I understand the towers in MD:
1. As I understand, all the towers can be divided into 3 kinds: single attack, AOE and special towers. The special towers are quite important for almost every level, and as for when to choose single attack or AOE towers, it really depends on the level and monster. In Beginning level, I'd like to use both of them.
2. There's one kind of monster which can disable one of your tower, be careful with that. I will build some small towers for them to disable.
3. Stun tower is quite important, the challenge always comes from monsters moving too fast.
4. We need to build Armor Pulse Tower to deal with monster's armor, otherwise the monsters will be too strong for to kill.
5. Like most TDs, Energy Sword Tower is always useful, which can increase the attack of towers around it.
6. The path is quite long in Beginning level, take advantage of it is quite important if you want to achieve 3 stars.

This is the screenshot of my play, I hide some details of what towers I built. You can make your own strategy and get most fun from it.
Enjoy it! Again, I want to say it's really the most challenge TD ever in the world
Attachment 47781
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Not bad. I like it.
But only the scores in hell mode is uploaded to leaderboard, uhhh
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM

Default More promo codes

5 More promo codes are available now. Feel free to pick one and any feedback will be appreciated.
J47J9TN93YAK
N46YE6A39WYK
RHNX36LLAH3F
XHPWLAJRN937
XRHJEXJ4YWW9

Cheers,
D19Studio
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Thanks for XRHJEXJ4YWW9!!

Initial thoughts. Whew! Have to echo what others are saying.....it's really tough. That's not a bad thing tho, yet. I just hope it doesn't become one of those games where you lose over and over on the same level and it gets frustrating so you just give up and delete it. Right now, however, I appriciate the challenge.
The tutorial is very descriptive in describing each tower and even gives tips on how and when to use em. But in the description it doesn't match the pics with the description. I assumed it went by the price of each--cheapest to expensive. I had to just build a base then build each tower and read the name in the description box. Maybe number each tower in the pic with their description??
I like the amount of towers you have to choose from. Also like the upgrade "tree" each tower has. Having all the choices is great. It adds alot of depth to the game.
Overall I am loving the game. I think if you like the TD genre you shouldn't let this one pass by without giving it a shot. It has alot of depth and options TD fans will enjoy. I will gladly post more feedback as I (hopefully) get deeper into the game. Thanks again!