10-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Wow, I'm pretty surprised by this one. Fun and challenging. Don't let this one fool you--I'd recommend it.
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Great game, I'd recommend it if you like puzzle games!

10-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm really stuck on 6-3. It's driving me nuts.
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I'm really stuck on 6-3. It's driving me nuts.
It's possible, I just went back and completed it again to remind me which it was. You can skip it and come back to it later, you don't have to do the puzzles in order.
10-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Great puzzler! Simple in presentation and zen-ly enjoyable. Another gem from Kris Paxton (one of the dev that I like a lot) that fits perfectly on my phone.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Working my way through the pro loops and I gotta say I LOVE this game. This is by far my favorite work from Kris so far. Any plans on an update with more puzzles? It would be awesome if you made a LOOPical Pro like you did with PathPix. Also, I'm not sure if it got glazed over before but is there even a remote possiblity for gamecenter achievements? If not, I will continue to enjoy your awesome puzzles.
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
gamecenter in LOOPical

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
I love all of your games and this looks like an interesting mix of masyu and yajilin so I'm definitely picking it up. My only complaint is that none of your games have gamecenter achievements, is there any chance of implementing that in the future? I think it would add a lot of incentive for us trophy seekers and completionists out there
I'll think about it. So far I've avoided implementing gamecenter in PathPix, which I see as more of a personal quest than a competition - will have to wait and see how people feel about LOOPical to judge whether it might be appropriate.

I can see some similarity between LOOPical and masyu - which is interesting, since I had never heard of masyu when I wrote LOOPical (for PC) back in 2007. I'd never heard of yajilin until I read your comment just now, but I just looked it up and I'm not actually seeing any similarity (outside of the fact that the solution is a loop).
10-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for considering it, I just like having an achievement or 'trophy' to show that I've solved everything. It's not necessary but it would be a great bonus and (not like you need it) it is a big selling point for a lot of ios gamers.

The similiarity to yajilin, at least for me, is the occasional use of heuristics to solve the harder puzzles. I've been using some of the same techniques on the pro levels that I've used with the yajilin. If you're not familiar with Nikoli's puzzles I strongly recommend checking them out, if you could bring anything like heyawake or shakashaka to the app store I would be eternally grateful! Aside from that, LOOPical is fantastic and I hope to see more pro levels soon, I'm on the last chapter and I'm craving more!!

btw I had no idea you had other games for pc, slitherquest looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely be checking that out
11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I am late to the game here, but this thread needs a bump. I am a fan of the Path Pix game and I noticed this thread and decided to pick up LOOPical. As with Path Pix, it is wonderfully presented and has even more of a puzzle aspect to it. An easy 5 of 5 rating for me!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Finished all the levels on this, I hope there's more in the works or at least a sequel!