★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is your own unique immigration story. Will you be able to survive it?

Guide a small family through five deadly deserts to reach the gateway to the world above the clouds. It's a dangerous journey filled with a multitude of unique narrative encounters. Make your decisions wisely, manage your resources, use equipment to your advantage and fill up your precious water reserves by flying through the clouds with your trusty glider.

Explore a randomly generated steampunk world that will not only tell you the story of a wondrous desert planet and its inhabitants, but also show the topic of migration from a completely new perspective.

=======

NON-LINEAR STORIES
Experience dozens of narrative encounters and short stories. With each play through, the world of Francisco and Amelia unfolds a little more. Learn about the last inhabitants of the desert, the fabled cities in the sky and what drives the family to reach it.

CLOUD GLIDER
Fly through the clouds with Amelias glider to gather the last bits of water before they get transported to the above. Water is your most precious asset on your journey through the desert.

DESERT SURVIVAL
Enhance Franciscos and Amelias chances of survival by managing your equipment, upgrading your glider and trading for the right items.

=======

*Winner - "Grand Prize" - European Independent Game Days 2015*
*Winner - "Best in GDC Play" - GDC Play 2015*
*Finalist - "Innovation Award" - European Independent Game Days 2015*
*Finalist - "Best Mobile & Tablet Game" - Game Connection Paris 2015*
*Finalist - "Best Game Award" - Best of Swiss Apps 2015*
*Official Selection - Indiecade @ E3 2015*
*Official Selection - Indie Arena Gamescom 2015*
*Official Selection - Amaze Festival Johannesburg 2015*

=======

"It sounds like a really interesting game ... Keep an eye out for this one!"
- Carter Dotson, Toucharcade.com

"Cloud Chasers looks like an audio-visual work of art, and I dont expect anything less when it hits the app stores"
- Dan Vlasic, Pocketmeta.com

"Cloud Chasers is a very compelling project that I look forward to see in its finished state"
- Jack Gardner, extralife.com

=======

Compatibility:
Recommended: iPhone 5S or higher, iPad 3 or higher
Required: iPhone 5 or higher, iPad 2 or higher
IMPORTANT: Not compatible with iPod Touch!
10-14-2015, 09:01 AM
*extends arms* Come to papi.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

10-14-2015, 09:17 AM

Looks extremely promising (and it's compatible with my hardware!).

Edit: The trailer gave me goosebumps... the music is so good

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 10-14-2015 at 09:19 AM.
10-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Holy hell. This looks fantastic.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Yea, I've been really looking forward to this one.
10-14-2015, 10:10 AM
Not sure this is my kind of game but looks terrific; story, unique premise and some action gameplay. If blended properly could be good. I might give it a go anyway.
10-14-2015, 10:13 AM

Cloud Chasers is a bit like Out There in the desert. You have to survive through 5 area's, random events happen. Water is the main currency, but you also need it to drink and survive in the desert. You use the glider to harvest clouds for water, imo this is not the most interesting part of the game. It's pretty repetitive and it takes pretty long to harvest a cloud. You need some luck to progress, like finding a better engine or wings for your glider. I've had a lot of fun playing it.
10-14-2015, 10:52 AM
This is awesome. been waiting...

iOS Games,Apps,hacks | There are so many haters here!
10-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Woah, this looks different. Randomly generated steampunk world? Sign me up.
10-14-2015, 11:05 AM
This looks like Nausica of the Valley of the Wind meets Borderlands - may be the only title worth picking up this week.