Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
That sounds buggy then.

You lose a ship if you ever use that 1 die colonizer in the upper left outpost. There might be other means as well.
One Alien Tech card can also be discarded to destroy a ship, the one that can remove ships from locations with normal use.

Also FPE, were you playing a 3P game? It's possible that both AI players used the Raiders Post on consecutive turns, stealing both cards from you. And when something odd happens the first thing to do is check the log.

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 10-26-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
That sounds buggy then.

You lose a ship if you ever use that 1 die colonizer in the upper left outpost. There might be other means as well.
Right about the terraformer. That's why the image of it shows a ship being sucked dry to power the beam.

The Plasma cannon allows you to send an enemy ship to the maintenance bay (returns the next turn) for 1 fuel per ship. However if an opponent has more than 3 ships you can discard the plasma cannon to send that ship to the ship stock (must be repurchased)

Is it possible the AI already had a Holographic Decoy of their own? In the game they SHOULD be forced to take your Holographic Decoy and discard it, but there may be a bug allowing it to choose another card.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Right about the terraformer. That's why the image of it shows a ship being sucked dry to power the beam.

The Plasma cannon allows you to send an enemy ship to the maintenance bay (returns the next turn) for 1 fuel per ship. However if an opponent has more than 3 ships you can discard the plasma cannon to send that ship to the ship stock (must be repurchased)

Is it possible the AI already had a Holographic Decoy of their own? In the game they SHOULD be forced to take your Holographic Decoy and discard it, but there may be a bug allowing it to choose another card.
The diminishing of the ship is not a bug, I was just trying to understand what is happening because I could not understand it.

The holo decoy must be a bug, he had no holo decoy.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

One of the most intriguing games incorporating dice I've seen in a LONG time although it does seem somewhat intimidating, I must say.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
One of the most intriguing games incorporating dice I've seen in a LONG time although it does seem somewhat intimidating, I must say.
I had the same but after a few games the scare goes away.
Great game ... Looking forwards for more AI personalities and online!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:30 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Can somebody explain me how the AI stole a card from me while I hand in my hand the holo decoy?
I did a code review on this today -- I've never seen this happen, and I don't see any possible path in the code where the AI could do that.

[url]http://pastebin.com/Pad49rwe[/url]

That said, there's still a possibility that I missed something. What would help me the most is a copy/paste of the game log if you ever see this happen again, and for this to be logged in the [url=https://bitbucket.org/HanClinto/alien-frontiers/issues?status=new&status=open]public bug tracker for Alien Frontiers[/url].

Thanks a lot -- it is very much appreciated!

I really appreciate the support that you all have shown for the game -- it is very much appreciated! We're really trying to take all of your suggestions to heart. We're really pleased with how far the game has come, and we want to continue the development -- thanks so much for being a part of that!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

If I see it again I will try to copy the log and send it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I bought this when it was released and wasn't able to grasp the basics as quickly as I'd hoped. So it sat for a bit. Earlier today, I hopped on BGG and watched a couple of gameplay videos of the physical version and it just clicked. I went back to the app and I've had a BLAST playing it since. I'm glad that I didn't give up on this, because I could see it becoming one of my favorite BG conversions.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I bought this when it was released and wasn't able to grasp the basics as quickly as I'd hoped. So it sat for a bit. Earlier today, I hopped on BGG and watched a couple of gameplay videos of the physical version and it just clicked. I went back to the app and I've had a BLAST playing it since. I'm glad that I didn't give up on this, because I could see it becoming one of my favorite BG conversions.
I can't wait for the Factions Expansion they promised for the iOS version as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I can't wait for the Factions Expansion they promised for the iOS version as well.
I'm looking forward to that too! Now I'm on a mission to finally understand Dominant Species, so I can start playing that as well.