Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
If you think about it, there also used to be an ipad version costing $5, then $3 for seasons, then again $3 for rio. That's 11. Also, IMO the game gets too hard in the end and it gets on my nerves.
I guess, but the $1 version works just fine on the iPad. If you spend the extra on the HD version seems more you really like it and find it worth it. Even then, still worth it.

I can completely understand its not worth it if you don't like the genre, but if you do, you can't beat the price to content. Also for difficulty, prefer it getting harder in the end personally, but can see your point as its considered a casual game.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

And people say call of duty is being milked.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM

Dafuq? ^^^
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim240 View Post
Dafuq? ^^^
No worries, the spammer is gone.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Don't be surprised if we end up seeing bad piggies "seasons", bad piggies " in space", bad piggies "rio", etc, etc, etc.

Yup, milk it until powder comes out of it's #^*%#*!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Perhaps, but I would expect people (like myself) to say what a stupid idea this is and how sick of Angry Birds they are (and Star Wars for that matter). It seems sad to me for Rovio to go with an old title/douche like Star Wars/Lucas. Seems like kind of a "loser" move...maybe the soundtrack will have some old hits by Rod Stewart too???
Everything about the game aside...dude, did you just insult Star Wars!?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Perhaps, but I would expect people (like myself) to say what a stupid idea this is and how sick of Angry Birds they are (and Star Wars for that matter). It seems sad to me for Rovio to go with an old title/douche like Star Wars/Lucas. Seems like kind of a "loser" move...maybe the soundtrack will have some old hits by Rod Stewart too???
Totally disagree. Star Wars is still HUGE, Clone Wars is very popular as well specially for kids, combining Angry Birds/Star Wars is a good idea as it'll sell bucketloads for the younger market.

Shows Lucas has still 'got it' as the Clone Wars has been so popular. I dont think the prequels were 'that bad', a lot of bad dialogue, some wooden acting and some dire moments but also some good ones.

I think Rovio know what they're doing joining forces with George Lucas far more than some kid on an iOS site.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axonometri View Post
I see where your coming from... but
through the eyes of a father of 3 young boys who like Star Wars, Angry Birds and the new Bad Piggies, this is actually going to be popular for the kiddos. It actually could be a great mash-up. I know for sure my oldest will like the idea and instantly ask for it for upcoming Birthday/Christmas... which is exactly what where Rovio and Lucas are betting their success at.

Is it a cash-grab idea? Sure.. a pretty genius one at that.
+1 to this. All the better if they've been creative and added new mechanics or change things up like they did in angry birds space. Insta buy for sure especially if it's $.99.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybred96 View Post
Everything about the game aside...dude, did you just insult Star Wars!?
No, just Lucas pretty much. I said Star Wars is old...I loved Star Wars when it came out 100 years ago. I said Lucas is a douche...my opinion. What has he done since, besides ruin Indiana Jones, of course?

My first impression was "can't they do better than that?" I mean Star Wars is a huge title, but...well it's older than most people on this site probably. Perhaps George Lucas owns Rovio? They both seem to be incapable of coming up with any new concepts, so that would explain a lot!

Having said all that, there's nothing wrong with milking a title. I think Rovio need to expand their horizons a bit...but on the other hand, maybe getting rich is their goal, not making new and groundbreaking games. I don't fault them for that. I wanna be rich too

Quote:
psj3809
I think Rovio know what they're doing joining forces with George Lucas far more than some kid on an iOS site.
What kid would that be? I'm sure it's a great money-move, just seems a bit lame to me. But that's cuz I'm old, not young haha. I'm sure thay had Star Wars in mind when they came up with "Space" in the first place. I mean the whole Space idea seemed odd to me until this latest version.

Then again, I may need to eat my words when I release "Daredevil Chuck Norris"
Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow... this Angry Birds business is getting out of hand... lol...

Closed Thread