Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to ezone

I think it is a smart move. All my friends kids that are 5-10 years old LOVE star wars (mainly from the cartoon series) and LOVE angry birds.

What I'm waiting for is Angry Birds Star Wars Lego - now that will be big!!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Perhaps, but I would expect people (like myself) to say what a stupid idea this is and how sick of Angry Birds they are (and Star Wars for that matter). It seems sad to me for Rovio to go with an old title/douche like Star Wars/Lucas. Seems like kind of a "loser" move...maybe the soundtrack will have some old hits by Rod Stewart too???
Wow. That's a little harsh, Especially coming from another dev. If you could milk daredevil Dave like rovio does angry birds I can almost bet you would. And who knows, this might be awesome. And truthfully angry birds was way better of a game then dare devil Dave was. Just saying. Do your thing rovio. You got my purchase. I have a good feeling about this game, and I'm interested to see where they go with this.

Last edited by Fastbridge; 10-17-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Wow... this Angry Birds business is getting out of hand... lol...
Yeah, never in my dreams would I have believed that Angry Birds would bring up such colorful insights, almost Dead Triggerish, but interesting none the less.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I actually think (rather, hope) this will be a great game.

My fav Star Wars game is Battlefront 2 on the PS2 some years back. I did play Force Unleased, but it lacked a little something.

Star Wars is among my top 3 movie franchises (besides LotR and PotC), so I am having good hopes. Considering AB Space was actually good, I may not be so wrong after all./
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
No, just Lucas pretty much. I said Star Wars is old...I loved Star Wars when it came out 100 years ago. I said Lucas is a douche...my opinion. What has he done since, besides ruin Indiana Jones, of course?

My first impression was "can't they do better than that?" I mean Star Wars is a huge title, but...well it's older than most people on this site probably. Perhaps George Lucas owns Rovio? They both seem to be incapable of coming up with any new concepts, so that would explain a lot!

Having said all that, there's nothing wrong with milking a title. I think Rovio need to expand their horizons a bit...but on the other hand, maybe getting rich is their goal, not making new and groundbreaking games. I don't fault them for that. I wanna be rich too

What kid would that be? I'm sure it's a great money-move, just seems a bit lame to me. But that's cuz I'm old, not young haha. I'm sure thay had Star Wars in mind when they came up with "Space" in the first place. I mean the whole Space idea seemed odd to me until this latest version.

Then again, I may need to eat my words when I release "Daredevil Chuck Norris"
Arenot you making a sequel to dare devil Dave? Where's the originality in that? Your knocking a game that has out sold you a million to one. And truthfully I thought dare devil Dave was horrible. Dave should have been killed off in the first so maybe you would have done something different and original. And isn't evil kenievel your inspiration for this? If I recall he was in his prime just about when Star Wars was released or maybe even before then, so dont talk about it being old. You could only dream of having a collaboration with a company like Lucas arts , then just maybe ddd would actually be fun. I'm just shocked to see a post like that coming from another dev. Until your game sells millions of copies and sits on the top of the charts for years, then please don't knock rovio. They made a great decision with teaming up with Lucas arts and I'm super excited to get my hands on there game. And after reading your envious post, I would never think about buying ddd2. Which will prob be just as boring as the first.

"Dave, I am your father"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
Arenot you making a sequel to dare devil Dave? Where's the originality in that? Your knocking a game that has out sold you a million to one. And truthfully I thought dare devil Dave was horrible. Dave should have been killed off in the first so maybe you would have done something different and original. And isn't evil kenievel your inspiration for this? If I recall he was in his prime just about when Star Wars was released or maybe even before then, so dont talk about it being old. You could only dream of having a collaboration with a company like Lucas arts , then just maybe ddd would actually be fun. I'm just shocked to see a post like that coming from another dev. Until your game sells millions of copies and sits on the top of the charts for years, then please don't knock rovio. They made a great decision with teaming up with Lucas arts and I'm super excited to get my hands on there game. And after reading your envious post, I would never think about buying ddd2. Which will prob be just as boring as the first.

"Dave, I am your father"
As I said,

"Having said all that, there's nothing wrong with milking a title. I think Rovio need to expand their horizons a bit...but on the other hand, maybe getting rich is their goal, not making new and groundbreaking games. I don't fault them for that. I wanna be rich too."

I simply stated my opinion, which is, in a nutshell, that Star Wars is old and stale and so is Angry Birds. At the same time, I don't fault them for wanting to make money. Sorry I upset you so much - I see you posted on my "Dave" thread as well. Daredevil Dave is not called Evel Knievel and I am not using his name to sell my game. If I could, and if I thought it would help, I might. Am I a hypocrite? Maybe, and I don't care.

Quote:
You could only dream of having a collaboration with a company like Lucas arts
We'll see...
Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 PM

I think its a great Idea tho it does show where they are going and that they might have to come up with a new world to continue or they can do what Nintendo did with Mario and just make the birds like actors.

They can make Titles like:
Angry Birds Party
Angry Birds Cart Racer
Dr. Angry Birds puzzle fighter game

Etc...
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I f***in hate angry birds, but after seeing the Angry Birds Star Wars video, it's hard for me to ignore it. Might be the first Angry Birds title i'll spend time on. Lightsaber slash + Force Pull... Cant say no to that.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 10-29-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 02:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Can't wait to pick this game up... Gotta love to be able to have a bird with a lightsaber
Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I don't care what anyone says. This looks awesome.

Closed Thread