★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mirrors Edge on iPhone

06-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
Mirrors Edge on iPhone

I didnt put a "?" because i wanted to attract ALL OF YOU. Now that your in my trap, read on, no its not a chain letter.

Ok check it out. And I think theres a few ways it could work.

Option A - 3G-S ONLY + Compass:

Now that there is a compass in the 3G-S this bring out a whole new control method in games, hopefully. The control scheme would work like this. The camera would be set to where you are always looking center, you can use the accelerometer to look a tiny bit around the axis. With the compass you would turn your body to turn and stuff. The screem would only need a few buttons on it for combat, jumping, slide, etc. Not hard. perfect Game.

Option B - All

Basically, just like any other 3D game would play.... on-screen joysticks.

Hope you enjoyed my lecture =D
06-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Fell in your trap, damn you X.X

back

06-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
06-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Send a message via AIM to k1ite
Yeah ever since that "other" site promoted getting this game ported over I was wondering what would be a good control scheme. Seeing what you mean about the compass does sound good but it just wouldn't reach the bigger audience. Myself will own a 3GS but I just think that it would be too soon to think about isolating the market.
06-15-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't get it.

But still, what it -seems- like to me is more complicated. I like the games with all touch control... But then again, I don't play any of the FPS' or other games that require virtual joysticks.
06-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ite View Post
Yeah ever since that "other" site promoted getting this game ported over I was wondering what would be a good control scheme. Seeing what you mean about the compass does sound good but it just wouldn't reach the bigger audience. Myself will own a 3GS but I just think that it would be too soon to think about isolating the market.
I agree with this. A lot of the people I've talked with who already own iphone 3Gs are not going to upgrade to the new 3GS. There just aren't enough changes to be made to warrant another purchase, especially if the contract isn't up. I would stick with a control scheme that works with all versions of the hardware
06-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1215 View Post
I agree with this. A lot of the people I've talked with who already own iphone 3Gs are not going to upgrade to the new 3GS. There just aren't enough changes to be made to warrant another purchase, especially if the contract isn't up. I would stick with a control scheme that works with all versions of the hardware
i agree wholeheartedly. all my friends and myself are not upgrading as its not a big of change. i think a lot of the current market will be that way for quite some time...
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I acually did hear something about a port for mirrors edge... But i forgot what it was.. No wait nvm, it's Sonic Unleashed 2D... Fell in your trap D:

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Porting the 2d flash version would be awesome enough
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioj View Post
Porting the 2d flash version would be awesome enough