★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Snail Mail or Vektrax?

11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Snail Mail or Vektrax?

I only want to buy one of them, so which do you all think is the better game? I like the graohics on both of the video reviews I have seen, but which is more fun and interesting to play?
11-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Vektrax is alot of fun, but have a feeling Snail Mail will be better...Just got it, so i'll let you know in a bit.

11-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Snail Mail!! I have vextrak and I barely ever play it, it's nothing compared to Snail Mail.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Snail mail

WOW! VEktrax is the bigges crap I have ever downloaded for 99 cents. I had no fun out of this game at all, you basically press the touchscrren and tilt, thats it.
Snail mail looks prettygood and has at least some gameplay value.

P.S: GET SNAIL MAIL!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!
11-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
I only want to buy one of them, so which do you all think is the better game? I like the graohics on both of the video reviews I have seen, but which is more fun and interesting to play?
Snail Mail is really cool. Some great graphics and nice gameplay/controls. It reminds me a bit of Sonic games in many ways.

Vektrax is quite cool, not as graphically impressive as Snail mail, but still cool. Decent controls (although boost is annoying).

Overall, i'd recommend Snail Mail, its the better game!
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah,
Snail Mail is very funny. Get it!
11-28-2008, 02:44 PM
i been playing snail mail alot last few days

The game modes are

Tutorial
Postal Adventure
Time Trial
challenge Mode

The snail talks alot, says things when you fall and start the game and as you play
Always has something witty to say

Its really fast paced, you can play with the accelerometer or with your finger controlling

I feel using the finger is way more accurate

I feel like I am on a skateboard going downhill, or skiing
you go up huge and small loops and half pikes and go off of alot of jumps

its non stop speeding and as you go you have to run over and pick up packages while shooting, jumping, avoiding things.

you shoot guns that you upgrade as you play
you have to go off jumps and go thru glowing moving circles and you upgrade the weapon you shoot. I eventually got like a force shield around me glowing yellow.

but its really fast paced though, thats what I like about it. reminds me of rainbow road on mario kart trying not to fall off the edges
11-28-2008, 02:46 PM
i would go with Snail mail if you are looking for a game that will ghold your attention for a long time. Vektrax is a fun game for 99 cents, but in the end, there is a reason it costs that amount. It will hold your attention for short intervals, but if you are looking for long term, Snail mail is the way to go. it's cute, well done, and a lot of fun.
11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
i bought snail mail and it seems to be fun even if i only played for 15 mins yet......but vektrax is a good game in its own right.

very retro, entertaining and cheap......i never regretted the purchase and if you want to blast through some enemies in a 5 min break, its the perfect game.
11-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Snail Mail is THE game, a must have IMO.