★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quantum Collapse - Update 1 features

06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Quantum Collapse - Update 1 features

--- EDIT --- this is what made it to the update

Skirmish mode:
- 11 skirmish maps
- You can choose the AI personality between Rusher, Turtler, Balanced and random.
- You can choose what Spell the AI will use or set it to random
- You can choose the difficulty of the AI
- On this mode the command centers will attack to prevent unfair rushing

Selection triangle:
- using 3 fingers on screen

Group Assignment and Recall:
- through gestures (shown on video)

Others:
- You can jump through the map by tapping the minimap
- Performance increase
- Fixed typos
- Improved some of the cutscene drawings
- The UI buttons are now semi-transparent
- Fixed the text on the Main Menu buttons

It's not all of what's on my todo list so there's more work for me to do

--- original post -----

Hey guys.

The number one feature of update 1 will be skirmish mode, but i have been working on several requests from people on the forum, mainly group selection, assignment and recall. Also i'll make it so you can jump on the map by tapping on the minimap.

I've put up a video on what some of these features are, it's much easier to understand it if you see it in action than if i type it so let me know what you guys think.

And thanks a lot for all the support!

Youtube link | Pop Up

EDIT: If anyone is good at math we can try turning the selection triangle into a quadrangle, i'm decent at math i just don't have much time to think of that problem right now since triangle seems good enough. So if anyone wants to solve the problem for me here it is:

Given 3 points that form a triangle, generate a 4th point that will turn the shape into a quadrangle. The solution needs to match where a human would place the new point.

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 06-16-2009 at 07:42 PM.
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow, very glad I bought your game now!

+1 for inovation

06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Agreed, I was a little confused when you first explained it here, but now that I see it in practice it looks very creative and cool. Great work, I hope it brings more success to you!

Regarding skirmish mode, how many maps will be available to play when it is first added, and is there plans to continually add more?

Thanks for being so active on the forums, and good luck!
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Javier this concept is the coolest I've seen yet. But is there any to give us the option of using 4 fingers for assigning and 3 fingers for recalling? It you really prefer not to then don't sweat it. I'm following this game to the end. Btw, I play games really slow, especially since I have like 9 pages of games, so I won't be finishing QC any time soon.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Matt: I think there's going to be around 11 skirmish missions or so.

Reaganomics: I tried, but the problem with selection with 4 fingers is that you can't see what you are selecting since all your fingers are in the way.
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
that is really cool. Im going to get your game now. With skirmish mode too i think it looks awesome. Fair Play for doing all the work on your own aswell.

edit: i was just thinking it kind of reminds me of end war but touch instead of voice

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06

Last edited by walsh06; 06-15-2009 at 12:42 PM.
06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I have to agree with everyone here...that's a really innovative approach. Beyond the polish issues, I've been enjoying my time with the game. It has many hours of play and the AI is tough on medium, and way too tough on hard.
06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
for selecting,why don't you just have a button you press then two fingers to decide where the selection box it.a box it much better that a triangle
06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDavalos View Post
Matt: I think there's going to be around 11 skirmish missions or so.

Reaganomics: I tried, but the problem with selection with 4 fingers is that you can't see what you are selecting since all your fingers are in the way.
Done deal.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
06-15-2009, 01:04 PM
If anyone is good at math we can try turning the selection triangle into a quadrangle, i'm decent at math i just don't have much time to think of that problem right now since triangle seems good enough. So if anyone wants to solve the problem for me here it is:

Given 3 points that form a triangle, generate a 4th point that will turn the shape into a quadrangle. The solution needs to match where a human would place the new point.