★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bionic Surfer is out! ($0.99 sale + lite version)

06-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Bionic Surfer is out! ($0.99 sale + lite version)

This is the developer of Bionic Surfer, and I am happy to announce that both the full and the lite versions are now out! Bionic Surfer is an action platform game with guns, where you blast your way across five worlds while trying to stop an alien invasion. The full version is currently on sale for $0.99. The lite version is limited to the first world.

Some of the features:
  • Five unique worlds and 20 different levels
  • Nine different weapons in your arsenal
  • Dynamic environments using a powerful 2D physics engine
  • Ragdoll physics for monsters when they are destroyed!
  • Ragdoll physics for the player when you are destroyed!
  • Impressive graphics and animation using a custom 2D model format
  • Quicksave allows you to pick up right where you left off

iTunes link to Bionic Surfer

iTunes link to Bionic Surfer FREE

I am very curious to hear comments and suggestions. One feature I have planned for the future is a survival mode, where you fight against waves of monsters while collecting money. Between levels you would buy weapons and ammo, and possibly upgrade the weapons.

Let me know what you think!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Wall of Screenshots:
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I remember reading about this. I heard its pretty fun. Might have to try the lite first. I love these kinds of games!

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
I remember reading about this. I heard its pretty fun. Might have to try the lite first. I love these kinds of games!
Didn't you get banned for some reason?

And the game looks pretty damn fun =O

Ragdoll?? AWESOME!

back
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I liked your game. I wrote a review of it.........it's in the user review section I think.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Trust me, this game is quite good. No contrived accelerometer controls, it's all on-screen buttons, but it takes the fight out of aiming with an auto-aim and targeting system that works really well. Besides that though there's lots of action, some physics puzzles to solve with a grav gun, good visuals, physics engine with ragdolls, good sound, thumping soundtrack, a variety of enemies, lots of heavy ordnance ... what's not to love?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Didn't you get banned for some reason?

And the game looks pretty damn fun =O

Ragdoll?? AWESOME!
Yeah, talking to arn about the situation. Trying to resolve things right now...

Haven't tried the lite yet but will do.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
This game looks so cool I must have it.
06-15-2009, 08:57 PM
First impressions:

- I like the game. The upgrade system for speed, attack and health really add to it, so people may want to find those extra crystals, and not only the required 10 to pass each level.
- The weapons are great, and I can see you get a lot more in the full version.
- The amount of enemies you encounter is nice, the backgrounds, the music and sounds are good too.
- I really like the amount of checkpoints and how they are used. You can restart right at the checkpoint without worrying about the amount of lives (there are no lives in the game).
- The auto aiming feels really natural considering the limited options, and it is great that if you decide to aim, you just need to use the zoom out option to direct your attacks at a specific point.

The few issues I've found:
- Maybe it's just me, but I find myself always running to the left by mistake. I feel like the arros should be closer to the left border of the phone, so I don't hit the left arrow accidentaly when I meant to turn right. Also, they don't feel tight, it is kind of hard without and actual D-pad, but you just get the feeling that the surfer doesn't stop but slides a little after releasing the arrow. Again, maybe it's just me.
- When you use the hook, your finger covers whatever you are holding. Your finger should probably be below the item, like when controlling the plane in Siberian Strike.
- the zoom becomes a problem if you are trying to select something on the left side of the screen. Ideally the zoom should probably stay selected by double tapping so you can move around without holding it.

For 0.99 I think it is great, and you can't go wrong since there is a lite version.
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM
It appears my review was pulled. . But here are my first impressions from back then, I highly recommend it.

Quote:
OK so I decided to TOFTT as well. Though you do not like the control systems I am liking it. It's the best kind for this game.

The game although a platformer has a nice twist because you also go around collecting weapons and such. You gotta go around collecting crystals to keep teleporting though different locations on Earth to stop the alien invasion.

The game also has a nice quicksave. And graphics are nice. Anyways just some very first impressions to further support squarezero's impressions.

BTW: The instructions are awesome | It's sorta interactive as you go though the level and adds to the story plot.

P.S: Cool! You have free control of the gun if you zoom out a bit.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
It appears my review was pulled. . But here are my first impressions from back then, I highly recommend it.
Why was it pulled

back